Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jackson - Flowood
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Flowood
Atlanta, Georgia
“Awesome Stay!”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

This hotel was recommended to me by a co-worker. I was very surprised at the outsanding customer service and how clean this hotel was. They had several awards displayed at the desk and it's easy to see why! Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Last week we had a business meeting here. I must tell you that I have never been so impressed with a hotel as this one. The employees at this hotel were absolutely accommodating. I have to give Norman 10 stars for making sure we had everything we need. He loves his job there and it shows. The facilities are clean. The meeting space was big enough for 15+ people, although I wouldn't exceed 25. I spoke with a couple of board members that stayed here and they were very pleased. The rooms were very clean. They have a fitness area, outdoor pool, and they serve breakfast. We had food catered in from Table 100 and it was just divine. If you are looking for a hotel in the Flowood area, do not hesitate to book this one. You won't be disappointed. The only downside to this hotel which is not a reflection of the hotel itself but the guests that come, oh my goodness, don't expect them to be oh so nice. They are definitely not southerners. I think if someone has a complaint with this establishment or the employees, something may be wrong with them.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Stayed here 1 night for business. I found the staff to be polite and courteous. The room was clean and very comfortable. The location was close to a strip shopping center with lots of restaurants and shopping. Complimentary hot breakfast was nice. They also had a nice happy hour for guests with free Bud and light snacks. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I got a good rate on hotels.com
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
springboro
Reviewed January 26, 2012

The hotel must read these reviews. The staff was pleasant and helpful. I have stay here a few times for work and never really had a problem. The breakfast person has always greeted me friendly. At check in I always have my priorty club member package there and takes just a moment to get my key and a water.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I, like most human beings, do not appreciate being yelled at and when I ask for the person behind the desk to please lower their voice I DO NOT expect to hear "I always talk like this" or for that person to give me attitude. A property can be as lovely as possible, the location perfect, and the cleanliness unquestionable but the moment any person on staff is rude, you might as well be the biggest pile of garbage.

A word of advice to "M" who was working when we checked in: You work in the industry known as "Hospitality" which according to Webster's means hospitable treatment, reception, or disposition. Just in case you don't know what 'hospitable' means, here's the definition of that too. Hospitable:
a : given to generous and cordial reception of guests
b : promising or suggesting generous and cordial welcome
c : offering a pleasant or sustaining environment

If this is the kind of reception we can expect, there will not be a return trip to this location.

If you are going to be staying in the area, stay away from this one. If you, like myself, stay only in Holiday Inn properties I would highly recommend the Candlewood Suites which is part of the IHG brand with Holiday Inn.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank hatter1868
HIExpressFlowood, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jackson - Flowood, responded to this review, October 19, 2015
This particular guest did not disclose that they were attempting to check-in under an employee rate and she was not in fact an employee. We attempted to work a few things out as it related to the rate but the guest was not cooperative and was attempting to con the hotel.

con1
kän/
informal
verb
gerund or present participle: conning
persuade (someone) to do or believe something, typically by use of a deception.
Gulfport, Mississippi
Reviewed September 15, 2011

The hotel itself was pleasant and clean. The front desk personnel were insolent. I was not treated as a Preferred Customer either. I was made to feel like a potential criminal actually, who was going to chain smoke in the room and be destructive on top of that. I did not appreciate it at all. The complimentary breakfast was edible but nothing special. I think if the hotel fired all the front desk staff and half the housekeeping staff and started over, hiring friendly people without surly attitudes & a good work ethic, the hotel would rate a 5 (excellent).

The front desk guy who was the worse was a dark haired slender young man, somewhat tall. I stayed there on the evening and night of September 7th, 2011 and checked in at approximately 6:00 pm.

It is a shame to ruin a potentially pleasant hotel experience with surly staff. The room WAS clean however so my housekeeper did a good job. Room # 423 was my room.

Get it together owners or these poor ratings will put you out of business!

Room Tip: Since the entire facility is SMOKE FREE, all smokers be forewarned! For non-smokers and people sensi...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank DisasterDoyenne
Reviewed August 12, 2011

The management apparently changes the wi-fi password every 24 hours. This was not told to us when we checked in and so the second day we had no wi-fi :-( Also, don't look for housekeeping after noon - we ran out of toilet paper that night because no one checked on our room after we left the first day.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flowood
Hampton Inn Jackson- Flowood
Hilton Garden Inn Jackson/Flowood
Candlewood Suites Flowood
Best Western Plus Flowood Inn & Suites
Comfort Suites Airport
Comfort Suites Airport
#5 of 10 in Flowood
Hilton Garden Inn Jackson Downtown

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jackson - Flowood? Share your experiences!