Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jackson - Flowood
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Flowood
Macon, Georgia
“Rude Much?”
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I, like most human beings, do not appreciate being yelled at and when I ask for the person behind the desk to please lower their voice I DO NOT expect to hear "I always talk like this" or for that person to give me attitude. A property can be as lovely as possible, the location perfect, and the cleanliness unquestionable but the moment any person on staff is rude, you might as well be the biggest pile of garbage.

A word of advice to "M" who was working when we checked in: You work in the industry known as "Hospitality" which according to Webster's means hospitable treatment, reception, or disposition. Just in case you don't know what 'hospitable' means, here's the definition of that too. Hospitable:
a : given to generous and cordial reception of guests
b : promising or suggesting generous and cordial welcome
c : offering a pleasant or sustaining environment

If this is the kind of reception we can expect, there will not be a return trip to this location.

If you are going to be staying in the area, stay away from this one. If you, like myself, stay only in Holiday Inn properties I would highly recommend the Candlewood Suites which is part of the IHG brand with Holiday Inn.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank hatter1868
HIExpressFlowood, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jackson - Flowood, responded to this review, October 19, 2015
This particular guest did not disclose that they were attempting to check-in under an employee rate and she was not in fact an employee. We attempted to work a few things out as it related to the rate but the guest was not cooperative and was attempting to con the hotel.

con1
kän/
informal
verb
gerund or present participle: conning
persuade (someone) to do or believe something, typically by use of a deception.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Gulfport, Mississippi
Reviewed September 15, 2011

The hotel itself was pleasant and clean. The front desk personnel were insolent. I was not treated as a Preferred Customer either. I was made to feel like a potential criminal actually, who was going to chain smoke in the room and be destructive on top of that. I did not appreciate it at all. The complimentary breakfast was edible but nothing special. I think if the hotel fired all the front desk staff and half the housekeeping staff and started over, hiring friendly people without surly attitudes & a good work ethic, the hotel would rate a 5 (excellent).

The front desk guy who was the worse was a dark haired slender young man, somewhat tall. I stayed there on the evening and night of September 7th, 2011 and checked in at approximately 6:00 pm.

It is a shame to ruin a potentially pleasant hotel experience with surly staff. The room WAS clean however so my housekeeper did a good job. Room # 423 was my room.

Get it together owners or these poor ratings will put you out of business!

Room Tip: Since the entire facility is SMOKE FREE, all smokers be forewarned! For non-smokers and people sensi...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank DisasterDoyenne
Reviewed August 12, 2011

The management apparently changes the wi-fi password every 24 hours. This was not told to us when we checked in and so the second day we had no wi-fi :-( Also, don't look for housekeeping after noon - we ran out of toilet paper that night because no one checked on our room after we left the first day.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Yazoo City, Mississippi
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Hotel itself was decent, but certainly no where I want to stay again. The front desk service was terrible. If the guy behind the counter rolled his eyes at us once, he did it ten times

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank msbbcollins
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed May 27, 2011

The hotel was nice but the service and staff were terrible. I had a small issue and asked the staff to send someone up. After two return calls to the desk, I asked for the manager. The manager was extremely rude and of no help. All I needed was some extra towels and I was on crutches. I got no help all attitude and when I went to the desk to check out I received the silent treatment, and just a "wish you would die" stare. No remedy for the issue, TERRIBLE STAFF!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank ghumble68
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed February 20, 2011

We stayed here for the night Because we wanted to shop nearby and do dinner and a movie. The hotel is tucked away behind the shopping center so it is quiet. The rooms are pretty standard. Microwave and fridge. Walking distance to many of the shopping places, but I wouldn't suggest trying to cross the highway, it's bad enough trying to drive across. The breakfast was pretty standard also, eggs, biscuits & gravy, bagels, toast, fruit, etc. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Florida
Reviewed February 4, 2010

I would recommend this hotel to any guest coming to this area. This was a very nice and clean hotel. The staff was very nice my entire stay. I did not have any issues my entire stay, and I will now stay at this property anytime I am in town.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flowood
Hampton Inn Jackson- Flowood
Hilton Garden Inn Jackson/Flowood
Candlewood Suites Flowood
Best Western Plus Flowood Inn & Suites
Comfort Suites Airport
Comfort Suites Airport
#5 of 10 in Flowood
Hilton Garden Inn Jackson Downtown

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jackson - Flowood? Share your experiences!