“Great Food with a Great Show”

Ichiban Hibachi & Sushi
Ranked #16 of 117 Restaurants in Flowood
Description: Asian Food With Passion From soba to sashimi, Ichiban Hibachi and Sushi has a daily commitment to combine Asian flavors with Asian flair. This is the commitment of Kam and Ling Ngai, the brother and sister team who have brought Ichiban into being. The flavor profile of Ichiban Buffet and Grill lifts Asian cuisine to the next level. Clean, well-balanced, flavorful. This is the Ichiban personality. Plus, the decor and the service are patterned after resort and metropolitan dining venues. The uniforms are crisp and fresh, the dining area is spacious and the seafood is flown or driven in fresh for the best flavor and most satisfaction. Ichiban Hibachi & Sushi means flavor and personality, from the appetizer's first appearance to the final morsel of dessert. Come indulge your passion today!
Reviewed October 15, 2016

Spend the money and get the steak filet. Generous portions of rice and veggies make this into two meals so plan for leftovers. Our chef was very entertaining and prepared steak exactly to order. All of the staff are friendly and welcoming.

Date of visit: October 2016
Management response:Responded October 17, 2016

It's awesome that you not only enjoyed your meal but received great customer service, as well! Thanks for your kind words and this awesome review, and I hope to be seeing you for another filet dinner ASAP.

Reviewed October 13, 2016

We used to go here at least twice a month. We usually get the chicken hibachi with a California Roll from the Sushi side. For a long time we had no problems but then we started noticing problems with our plates. Usually with the Fried Rice or the Stir Fried Vegetables. The last straw was when my husband and I were last on the food distribution at our table and the chef came up with the last serving of vegetables and realized he had 2 guest to serve. he put them down and tried to scrape up more from the grill and divided it between us. I had noticed when he came out to cook that his veggies looked to small for the number of guests as the table directly behind us had a much bigger pile but I thought possible a lot of them had ordered double veggies. We brought it to the managers attention and she had the waitress bring us out some veggies cooked in the back. They tasted more liked steamed veggies than the ones cooked on the flat top. We have had the same thing happen with the rice and it has happened over and over. Each time we brought it up management would make a correction. The last time they acted like we were trying to get something free. NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We just wanted to get what we paid for. We are not creating this situation. We will not just sit by and allow it to happen to us without speaking out. Therefore rather than get my dining out with you dollars twice a month they go to someone else. You probably do not care. I do not go out to eat to have to worry if I am getting what I paid for. It should be a social experience. I am NOT doing it again. We gave them several months break and tried it again and it happened again. We are good tippers but we expect adequate service. If we get exception service we are great tippers.

Date of visit: July 2016
Management response:Responded October 17, 2016

Jean, I want to sincerely apologize you've been so disappointed with our restaurant lately and assure you that we do care what kind of experience you're receiving. I'm surprised to learn you've consistently had problems with our fried rice and stir fried noodles as we take great care in making sure our customers get exactly what they ordered. That said, I’ll be sure to speak to my staff about this and work to fix the issues you've raised in this review. Thank you for your honesty, and I do hope you'll be back again soon -- I know we can get your opinion of us back to where it once was!

All my best,

Reviewed September 26, 2016

Have eaten here twice. Once on a date and once with a larger group. A little pricey but you're getting what you paid for. If you feel like having an adult beverage, get a draft beer in the large mug. Ice cold and quenches your thirst. Definitely going here again when we play a tournament in October.

Date of visit: April 2016
Management response:Responded September 27, 2016

I'm so glad you enjoy our food and feel you get what you're paying for, Stephen! Thanks for all five stars and your kind words, and I look forward to the next time you stop in.

Reviewed August 28, 2016 via mobile

Don't miss the hibachi noodles! Few hibachi restaurants in the Jackson area offer them and they're delicious. Clean and consistent, I'm never disappointed when I visit here!

Date of visit: August 2016
Management response:Responded August 30, 2016

Kim, it's great to hear you've consistently enjoyed your experiences here at Ichiban! I'm happy you love the hibachi noodles -- they're one of my favorite items as well. Thanks for taking the time to leave this awesome review, and I can't wait to see you again soon.

Best,

Reviewed August 16, 2016 via mobile

I have eaten here before at the hibachi grill, and it was wonderful, but my husband and I decided to give the sushi a try when we had a quick opportunity for date night. We were not disappointed!! The sushi was PHENOMENAL! We cannot wait to go back! Our favorite was the spicy shrimp mango roll, closely followed by the spicy crawfish roll, shrimp tempura roll, and smoked salmon roll. Our waiter was exceptional as well, and we loved the atmosphere. Very hip! We'll be seeing this place again VERY soon!

Date of visit: August 2016
Management response:Responded August 18, 2016

Wow! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review, Cydney. It's awesome you and your husband loved the sushi rolls you tried -- especially the spicy shrimp mango roll! I can't wait for you two to return for another great meal.