“The trip home”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Flowood
Highlands, United States
“The trip home”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Great hotel with very friendly staff. Comfortable beds and it was quiet. A GREAT value for the price. The location was convenient because it was on the main street so it was easy to find and very close to all forms of shopping. I am so glad we stayed. I was able to get a good nights sleep.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Columbus, Mississippi
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is a wonderful place to stay in the Jackson, Ms area. They recently upgrade the television, makes watching the movies great. It's located close to shopping and to the medical facilities (VA, UMC, Methodist and St. Domonics).The staff is very friendly and professional and the rooms are very nice and comfortable, Plus it has an in-door pool.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Biloxi, Mississippi
Reviewed July 15, 2013

oh my!!! after a stay at the Hampton Inn Coliseum in Jackson, MS, I found this Best Western to be LEAPS and BOUNDS above! Seems like a safe place at a really great price and only about 3 minutes to central Jackson! I've learned that Jackson, MS hotels are NOT what they represent online and can name a few by name. This hotel is SAFE ENOUGH and CLEAN ENOUGH for the price! Obviously, it's not a first-class hotel...but then again it doesn't claim to be such - and it doesn't charge anywhere near first class hotel prices! (YOU PAY FOR WHAT YOU GET!) However....desk clerk, TRACIE is comparable to first-class clerk at the finest hotels across America...and in some cases even better. I sincerely hope Tracie receives a fair compensation from this hotel chain, as I can assure her boss that MANY hotels would pay a very NICE paycheck to obtain "Tracie-like" desk clerks! The breakfast is mediocre but all in all...worth every penny!

Room Tip: Ask for Tracie!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank nonnieinbiloxi
St. Louis, United States
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The main issue I had was there was an ant infestation in my room where if you left food or even a cup of juice on the nightstand or desk ants would show up and take over. I assume ants are a problem in this area as I have had the same problem before at another hotel down the street from this one. Problem is, the front desk didn't seem to be too interested in doing anything about it. They sure didn't offer me any compensation. Had my room already not been discounted I probably would be more upset. Still though?

Gulf Breeze, Florida
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Front entry is narrow with no front parking, There are no sidewalks around the building so using a Valet Cart to load and unload is hard to do. No parking near entrances for night entry. The food service is spread out in stations and by 8:30 am there was not a large selection. The bottom sheets on the beds we pilly and rough.

Hattiesburg, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed May 22, 2013

First stay: the single computer in the lobby was broken. The worker did not know how to troubleshoot to make the computer work. I waited in the lobby 2 hours for my room while other guests left and found another hotel to stay at in the area.
Second stay: The worker (a different worker) mixed up my last name with another guest who had the same last name as myself. When I called to confirm my room, they confirmed that my name was on the list and I was set for this evening. Upon my arrival in Jackson, I did not have a room. WHEN I INITIALLY CALLED IN MY VISIT they booked me for the wrong date and they wanted to charge me for that date (a Tuesday night), along with the date that I was standing there ready for a room. They wanted to charge me for two nights. I said "Look all I want is a room". They gave me a very hard time. I just had to leave because their decision was to give me a room this particular night and charge me 170 for one night. at a best western. I said I don't have to stay here so give me my ID and I am leaving.

I called corporate, they did not help whatsoever. I travel a lot, and will make a sincere effort to never stay at a best western ever again.
The point is, there are several hotels in this area. The difference between me choosing one hotel over another is customer service. This place has horrible customer service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Gameofgolf
Pineville, Louisiana
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Visited the area for a swim meet. The hotel was very clean and the staff was very professional and nice. Would stay here again and recommend it to anyone! The military rates are very good. The rooms were very clean and comfortable beds. Very close to many restraunts and shopping.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family