“Don't count on them for ANY customer satisfaction”

Hampton Inn Jackson- Flowood
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Flowood
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I stay at this hotel and the Comfort Inn next door often. The same hotel group owns both but it certainly may be the last time at either, possibly at Hilton hotels in general- there are too many other options. My last stay there was on March 28, 2014. When I checked in, I was welcomed as usual. I gave them my CC and ID. I left the next day- a typical stay. However, I just received my CC bill. I was charged for this stay, as well as a no-show at the Pearl HGI for the same night. I made the reservation so I take blame for clicking on the wrong hotel but the Flowood Hampton Inn said NOTHING about it when I checked in. It was early enough to change the reservation or I could have gone a few miles to Pearl. That would have been no big deal -- but THEY SAID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Now, unless the Pearl HGI credits me for this night I will be paying double and it's really not the Pearl HGI's fault. When I discovered the two billings, I called the Flowood Hampton manager, she said, "Well you did stay here, so what do you want me to do about it???" I told her that I at least expect her to call the HGI and explain that her Flowood Hampton Inn staff, though not busy at all did nothing to tell me I was at the wrong location. I have also reported this to the Hilton chain and was told I'd be receiving an email about my complaint- and I've received nothing. I have called the Pearl HGI, have not been able to reach the manager and was told to call back. I've always preferred the Hilton chain but concerning this issue their overall service has been abysmal.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Sunni_S_Caldwell, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jackson- Flowood, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

We apologized for your inconveniences as well as tried to contact the hotel your original reservation was made for to assist you in the matter. Unfortunately, this facility can not make another property change or alter their policy and procedures. We strive to accommodate our guests and ensure their needs are met. We wish you well in your travels.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

By far, Hampton Inn Flowood has provided the best service I have ever had at a hotel. My group (20 people) arrived late in the evening and the front desk staff went out of their way to help get everyone settled. When asked for recommendations for food they provided us with a great pizza place that delivered to the hotel so that we didn't need to go out again. When the pizza arrived they provided plates from the breakfast area then cheerfully cleaned up our crumbs even after I offered to do it for them at least 3 times. In the morning the staff was equally helpful with getting everything wrapped up and even being exceptionally nice about the fact that I forgot to check out until we were 3 hours down the road. Overall I have never had better service, even at a "higher end" hotel. Everyone there was great!!

The hotel overall was in great condition and the beds and bathroom were very good. No complaints. The free breakfast was better than most I have seen at this price range, and had lots of options. Overall, if you are staying in the area you cannot find a better deal.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

My family decided to give our kids a treat and take a "Staycation" in March. We found this Hampton close to home, convenient to shops and restaurants. The kids LOVED the heated pool and the breakfast the next morning. The room was clean and modern, and everything went great. It was such a great experience we've decided to make the last Thursday in March our Stay-Cay Day from now on. I suggested we call it "St. Hampton's Day", but was outvoted. :)

Reviewed March 30, 2014

i was here 03/28/2014 and hotel was nice clean. staff was very helpful. but sales rep. talking to loud at front desk. go to your office and let the front desk crew do there thing. breakfast was very good. the host her name was'conpcesion'. was very polite and asked if food was okay. room clean. bed soft.but you guys need to get rid of that mini ironing board. you go five stars and put that cheap miniature thing in the room come on.

Room Tip: get a top floor . so you don't have to listen to kids running above your head.
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Clean, well-appointed Hampton, excellent location away from traffic and clutter but yet 2 minutes from restaurants and shopping. We have stayed there on two occasions, on weekends when this hotel isn't as busy because it's primarily weekday business traveler lodging.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Easy check in, beautiful lobby, clean room, comfortable bed. Lots of shopping and restaurant choices nearby. Great breakfast, and parking is a breeze! Make a reservation as I did see travelers being turned away because no rooms available! Would definitely stay again!

Reviewed March 11, 2014

This is an amazing hotel. Great staff and overall just a great stay. PS beds are comfortable, and a little sticky note letting you know the bed has been changed was left, so cute! No tub was the only downside for me, i love relaxing in a tub ( i know not so clean)

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flowood
Hilton Garden Inn Jackson/Flowood
6 mi away
Hilton Jackson
Hilton Jackson
#2 of 39 in Jackson

Been to Hampton Inn Jackson- Flowood? Share your experiences!