“Great, clean hotel”

Hampton Inn Jackson- Flowood
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Flowood
“Great, clean hotel”
Reviewed March 2, 2012

We are stopping here on the way to new orleans.bthe hotel is clean and comfy. Property is kept up well. Would recommend staying here. Lots of shopping and food near.

• Stayed March 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Flowood, Mississippi
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I absolutely love this hotel and apparently so does my company. When I asked for a hotel to stay in for work in the area this one the one they recommended hands down and I can definitely see why.

First, the staff is great at all hours, I don't know why another reviewer said the evening staff is bad because they're not at all. Since I work in the area it's always the evening staff that I work with (Chris is one of the people at the front desk almost every time I come). When I saw that someone said he was rude I was shocked, he has always gone above and beyond to be nice to me and help me find good restaurants in the area, or just chat with me. I see him do the same thing with everyone who is checking in or needs help, so I really don't know where that person got that. Maybe they meant a different staff member? Even then, I'd be surprised because everyone here is just so NICE. Really weird.

Second, the hotel itself is just wonderful. the rooms are spacious and the beds are very comfortable! This is the most important aspect of any hotel for me, everything else is extra. A large flat screen TV is in the corner along with a hidden refrigerator and microwave. Neither are large so don't go buy a bunch of food items, but it's good enough for some leftovers if you go out to dinner.

Bathroom is well lit and has TWO wall sockets, this made me so happy because if you're a woman and have a hair dryer and a flat iron, you can't fit the large plugs on a single wall plate. This scored some bonus points for me. They only had a shower, no tub, which is fine cause I don't take baths and the extra space in the shower was kind of nice.

Small workout room, but enough to burn some calories. Speaking of calories, let's talk about breakfast. They always have some hot food options (eggs, bacon, sausage, etc). They have a waffle maker and pastries that are stocked every morning. I went for the oatmeal which had a "fixins" stand right by it with dried fruits, sliced almonds and brown sugar. MMMMM. They also have more "continental breakfast" options like cereal and breads. They provide various coffees and juices which is good, and if you're in a rush they actually have "grab and go" breakfast bags at the front desk.

Great thing about this hotel is it's close to everything! I didn't have to drive more than 15 minutes to get anywhere. I actually enjoyed it so much I've already booked my stay at this hotel for next month.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem pretty quiet, they have the ice maker by the elevators on each floor.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jennifer W
Reviewed February 10, 2012

The hotel staff around 2-3 pm was terrific. The evening front desk attendant was so rude to husband after calling front desk to inform the hotel That someone opened our room! We had our 2 year old with us. And Chris informed my husband that it was maintenance. & they thought our room was vacant. No apology, and on top of It all, Chris called My hubs " man" the entire convo! Not sir but MAN. We will Not be returning. 228.00 for two nights with a jerk running the place. NIGHTMARE. I did not feel safe

• Stayed February 2012
Tennessee
Reviewed December 26, 2011

This is a relatively new Hampton Inn located in a nice shopping area of the Rankin County, East Jackson. It is about 7 miles from downtown, but the rooms require half the Honors points to get a free room compared to downtown or the airport. The hotel has large rooms, is very clean and well maintained, and near lots of restaurants and shopping. I have stayed here several times when visiting family in the area and will keep coming back.

The hotel has a few larger rooms on the 3rd, 4th, and 5th floor that are above the lobby. Ask for one of these if you need a little extra space.

There is a full service YMCA about half a mile away if you are looking for a lap pool, or something more than a hotel workout room.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank TinySwimmer
Sugar Land, TX
Reviewed December 22, 2011

The hotel was impeccable, both the rooms and lobby/public areas. Service was excellent, and breakfast was great. The value was good and I would stay again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank christian30
Forney, Texas, United States
Reviewed December 19, 2011

Very nice hotel. Very convenient to all types of eating and shopping. Had a wonderful stay, and would reccomend this hotel to anyone staying in the area. We were in MS for a wedding, which was 15 min. from this hotel. The desk clerk, Chris, was very helpful and very accomodating with my situation, and he and the hotel met all my expectations.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Missouri
Reviewed December 19, 2011

The Hampton Inn Flowood is great value. The hotel is clean and the decor is nice and somewhat upscale. The location is also excellent. I can highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flowood
Hilton Garden Inn Jackson/Flowood
#4 of 10 in Flowood
Hilton Jackson
Hilton Jackson
#1 of 39 in Jackson

Been to Hampton Inn Jackson- Flowood? Share your experiences!