Candlewood Suites Flowood
Sleep Inn Flowood(Flowood)(Great Value!)
$74
$93
$119
$80
$68
All reviewsan extended stayfull kitchenwater pressure in the showerregular hotelpet feesingle roomshopping and restaurantsbusiness triproad triproom was cleanshort drivegreat pricestaff was very friendly and helpfulfront desk stafflaundrypantrykitchenette
Reviewed April 25, 2013

First I'd like to say that the night shift clerk was very helpful, professional, kind and welcoming. My check in was efficient and I was given great directions on where to park and the easiest and closest route to my room. I was a late arrival as I was traveling across country with my daughter, putting in long days driving. We were exhausted. Upon arrival into the room we found it to be substandard on cleanliness. There was a dirty sock laying on the floor next to the tv stand, cut toe nails next to the night stand, the carpet was not vacuumed, and there were mascara smears on the pillow and top sheet. I surmised that the marks were stains and they could not be removed. I used a wet wash cloth and the marks were easily removed. It was apparent that at least this particular pillow case and sheet were not laundered in between guests. On the bright side, I did do a check of the room for bed bugs and NONE were found so that's a BIG plus!!!! I advised the day clerk of the condition of my room and she stated she would notify the head house keeper. The friendliness of the night staff was not carried through to day shift... I would stay here again since they have managed to remain free of bedbugs... That's a hard status to keep these days.. Just check your sheets so you aren't unknowingly sharing them with strangers!

Room Tip: There is a warehouse on the back side of the hotel that run fork lifts outside at night so if you're a light sleeper pick the front side of the hotel!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DTravelPro
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Flowood, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear DTravelPro,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our staff.

However, We’re sorry you received poor service from housekeeping which was unacceptable. We will address this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stay here often for work and always enjoy my stay. From the staff to the convenience to shops (Target, Best Buy, Hobby Lobby, Kohl's, Dick's, Belk), it one of my favorite places to stay. The kitchen is always great if you need to cook in the room or bring home leftovers!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 5, 2013

As an experienced traveller and businessman, I have personally and professionally never been so viciously attacked in all my life (literally). I was asked by an employee to intervene with a guest who I later found out they, the staff, knew was trouble and was beaten savagely for my kindness.
The police told me after I went by ambulance to the emergency room that they thought I was going to die of a stroke.
Could I ever feel safe in this place, ever again? No way! They don't care about guest safety. As a matter of fact, after the attack the staff was instructed not to talk to me. I was beaten, lonely and isolated.
Still recovering.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank dvstoltz
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Flowood, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear dvstoltz,

I certainly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. Guest comfort and safety are of the utmost concern to us and our hotels are committed to making every possible effort to provide a secure environment. We take comments such as these very serious and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed at this hotel and it was superb. From the hotel to the staff I must tell you that it was like my home away from home. Over my year and a half the staff greyed me every morning and night by name. Clean, comfortable and cozy. Little southern town with plenty of shopping and restaurants. Great job. Amen

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 7, 2012

This is a great place to stay. The rooms were very clean and well maintained. The staff was very friendly and did everything they could do to make our stay enjoyable. Special thanks to Donna Robinette for all of her help.

Room Tip: We liked the ground floor room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family