“Consistently good”

Ichiban Chinese Buffet
Ranked #5 of 117 Restaurants in Flowood
Cuisines: American, Asian, Chinese, Thai
Dining options: Buffet
Description: Welcome to Ichiban Buffet Rethink The Buffet! At Ichiban Buffet, flavor comes first, each day and every day. Kam and Ling Ngai, the brother and sister team who crafted the buffet, start each day with a commitment to making sure every Ichiban Buffet experience is the best it can be. Unlike the average buffet experience, the offerings at Ichiban are carefully nurtured from the start to the finish of every day. The result is an uncompromising commitment to flavor that brings first timers back and makes regulars spread the word.
Reviewed October 17, 2016 via mobile

Again another good meal at Ichiban. Consistently clean and the food is fresh. I enjoy the sushi offerings with numerous tuna selections. I'm not a buffet person but Ichiban is superior to almost all others!

Date of visit: October 2016
Management response:Responded October 19, 2016

It's great to hear that our restaurant is consistently clean and our food fresh, Mark! I'm so glad that you love our buffet, and I can't wait to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 16, 2016

For the money you can't beat this restaurant! I've eaten at the high end restaurants all over the USA. For the price you pay you're getting a wonderful meal. It's very clean. There is not a better place to eat in Mississippi for the money. The crab legs are what I go for on the weekends. The water is filtered. There are only a few places in Mississippi that have filtered water. The oysters on the half shell are very fresh. The hot and sour soup is the best in Mississippi. Both Ichiban restaurants have fresh food. They have two. Flowood and Pearl. With the variety of food that is being offered I can't see anyone not being able to be satisfied. I'm a well traveled person and I know what is out there. I ask people all of the time where can you find a better restaurant in Mississippi for the money? The answer is always "you can't find a better restaurant for the money". Ichiban's is better than any casino buffet in Mississippi I've been to for the money. I know where the best deal is in Mississippi is. It's right here.

Date of visit: September 2016
Management response:Responded September 19, 2016

I'm so glad you love our restaurant! Thanks for this incredible review -- I really appreciate it! I'm looking forward to seeing you soon and often.

Reviewed August 22, 2016 via mobile

We had a late lunch (2:00) and were told that they would not be putting out more food on the buffet and would be closing at 3pm. After taking a look at the offerings we decided there was plenty to choose from. Because I am on a medically necessary low fat/nonfat diet I choose sushi, steamed shrimp and salmon. There were several salads also and fruit for dessert. Everything was good. I did not enjoy seeing the employees dump all the leftovers from the buffet in the garbage before we left. Lots of hungry people that could use that food.

Management response:Responded August 24, 2016

I'm really glad there were plenty of low-fat and nonfat options for you even though we had to close the buffet at 3:00! I want you to know we'll take your feedback into consideration and completely understand where you're coming from. Thanks for taking the time to review us, and I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 15, 2016 via mobile

Ichiban offers a great selection of Chinese and Sushi food. Item are hot and fresh with steamed brown and white rice, as well as fried rice and noodles. Also have a free ice cream and desert bar

Management response:Responded August 18, 2016

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us -- I really appreciate it. Although I wish we'd given you a five-star experience, it sounds like you really enjoyed your meal! I look forward to seeing you again soon for more hot and fresh foods.

Reviewed August 3, 2016 via mobile

Lots of fresh and plentiful food was being constantly being filled. Sushi was being made and was fresh and tasty.

Management response:Responded August 18, 2016

I'm happy you loved our sushi and found the ingredients we use to be fresh and tasty! Thanks for taking the time to give us this awesome review, and I look forward to the next time you stop in.