“Great Hibachi Grill”

Ichiban Chinese Buffet
Ranked #4 of 101 Restaurants in Flowood
Cuisines: American, Asian, Chinese, Thai
Dining options: Buffet
Description: Welcome to Ichiban Buffet Rethink The Buffet! At Ichiban Buffet, flavor comes first, each day and every day. Kam and Ling Ngai, the brother and sister team who crafted the buffet, start each day with a commitment to making sure every Ichiban Buffet experience is the best it can be. Unlike the average buffet experience, the offerings at Ichiban are carefully nurtured from the start to the finish of every day. The result is an uncompromising commitment to flavor that brings first timers back and makes regulars spread the word.
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Loved the hibachi meal. My wife and I split a scallops & chicken meal, and both of us were full when we left. Highly recommend!!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Food was delicious and I loved the variety on the bar. It was not a long wait even though it was on the weekend.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We seldom frequent Ichiban mainly because of their price for a buffet. The food is not inferior, but I wouldn't call it superior either. They do have good variety, though.

1  Thank ShelleyMcG
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Chinese food is not my favorite cuisine, so I'm a little biased in my opinion. I had heard a lot about this wonderful restaurant, so I wanted to check it out. I was disappointed for a few reasons: 1) almost every dish had sugar/sweetener added. I prefer no sweetener on meats and vegetables unless it is specifically "sweet & sour". Save the sugar for dessert. 2) It was buffet style and I don't relish the idea of so many other people breathing over my food and then touching the handles after so many have already left their germs on them 3) We got our plates to go and we were charged by weight... not sure if that's how they charge if you eat in the restaurant or if it's a set price.

Other than that, a few positive things... The restaurant appeared to be very clean and was aesthetically pleasing. It had a pleasant, casual, but somewhat upscale, atmosphere and appeared to be a good place to go for families.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I get Ichiban at least once a week and sometimes even more. Great environment with lovely workers. They have awesome fried rice.