“Not dependable”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Diamondhead
Tampa, Florida
“Not dependable”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stated motel during the Super Bowl MMXIII. But the motel in August was told the rate would be good. When I got the motel the rates going up 50%. The management was not friendly staff was fine rooms were adequate but the Refrigerator did not work in our room they fixed it and the air-conditioner the following day. Cancellation policy was change and I was charge for two rooms I did not need. I would not go back to the hotel. Motel also had rat bait stations around the outside of the motel. Did not see rats but this bothered me.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
White Hall, Illinois, United States
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stay here every December for a week. Up to now, it's been a great value. This time, however, the hotel is really showing its age. The carpet's dirty. The bed linens are stained. Missing light bulbs. The worst part is the toilet. It wasn't attached to the floor and wobbled with the slightest touch. Wobbled a lot. Like a Weeble. I reported it to the desk clerk and she seemed surprised and told me she would pass it on to maintenance. Now, since all the caulk between the toilet and floor was totally gone, it's obvious that this condition has been going on for months. There is no way housekeeping could clean this thing without noticing.

There wasn't another non-smoking king room available so I used the rest room in the lobby.

In the morning, I asked the desk clerk (older man) if he was aware of this. He also seemed surprised and said he'd pass it on to maintenance.

Meanwhile, as every year, I made a waffle to take to my wife. As I was walking out, he told me "No To-Go breakfast". I threw it away. He hollered down the hallway "Wasting Food".

So, "Maintenance" is supposed to show up shortly. This is for sure the last time we'll stay here.

Room Tip: Pick the room in another hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Beverly hills,Florida
Reviewed December 7, 2012

As soon as I stepped in the lobby it was so beautiful and clean and bright. The male attendant(older gentleman) was courteous and pleasant. would return often when possible to visit and stay at this hotel. Excellent breakfast. The tables were spotless. loved it.

Room Tip: Great rooms, clean hotel everywhere you look and great breakfast. clean, clean, clean.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
madisonville
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here 2 nights...not a lot of choices & this was rated okay by other viewers.. Clean, quiet, cheap & comfy....Desk staff was great. Close by I-10..If you are looking for a night or two while on the road traveling, would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank madisonvillebabydoll
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stay at motels quite a lot when we are on the road and usually are not very picky about them.
But this one was just not good. Especially not when you a rate you would have also payed in a nice Comfort Inn.

The lobby is horribly decorated: seriously..plastic ornaments on the ceiling and golden chandeliers?
The rooms are sort of okay but ours had a funny moldy smell. It just didn't smell clean or fresh.

It is certainly not a very bad motel, you can stay here for the night and be fine.
But out of all the 16 hotels/motels we stayed in on our roadtrip this was by far the worst.
I would not recommend it, especially not for more than 1 night. In fact: drive the 35 minutes to Slidell (of that's the way you are going) and you get to chose from about any chain you can think of plus far more options for dinner too

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Diamondhead hotels

Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I have been staying at Econo Lodge Diamondhead, Miss for 7 years and can't wait for my next stay which I stay a lot, Love all the staff and they go out of their way to make my stay a great one.
Look forward to my next stay. Charlotte Rhodes, Houston, Texas

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms are fine, they try to get me my room that I stay in since I am a frequent cu...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed July 24, 2012

After reading some of the reviews for this hotel, I was a little nervous about staying there, but it was the only affordable option for me and my family. We rented two rooms for two nights for under $100 per night, and it was not bad for the price. The rooms and the pool were clean. The beds were comfortable, although the pillows could have been better. Breakfast was very simple; muffins, toast, bagels, cereal, coffee.
There are only 2 hotels in Diamondhead, and I would definitely NOT recommend the other one right down the road. One of their guests came over to the Econo Lodge to check availability and was complaining about what a dump the other place was. Out of curiosity, I drove over there to take a look, and drove around the entire property. It was very trashy, and I was glad I had not chosen that place!

Room Tip: If you rent a room with the intention of using the sleeper sofa, make sure you ask in advance for sh...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Diamondhead
Super 8 Bay St. Louis
Clarion Inn
Clarion Inn
#9 of 28 in Gulfport
Holiday Inn Express Long Beach

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!