“No coffee?”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Diamondhead
Reviewed July 18, 2012

The hotel is clean enough, and the beds are usable, though they do sway when your partner turns over. But there are no coffee pots in the rooms. You have to get dressed and go to the lobby to get coffee. I guess it's their way of kicking you out early. Instead of feeling welcomed, it makes you feel like the nuisance brother-in-law who crashed on the couch too long. I had a small dog with me, who will HOWL if left alone. I took her to the lobby for coffee and was informed she couldn't be in the lobby. My opinion is that the other guests (not one of whom was IN the lobby) would rather she went for coffee than stay howling in my room, waking them up. The breakfast was too dismal to even consider eating, which must be why the lobby was empty. I took my (dixie-cup sized) coffee to the room, and on the next trip for coffee, I just let her howl. Sorry, fellow travellers, it was either that or knock on the adjoining wall and ask for you to get me a cup.

Room Tip: There are no elevators, and it's a two-story hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
econolodge108, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Sure we are a pet friendly hotel but we do have local health dept laws to follow namely no pets allowed in the breakfast area which happens to be in the lobby. As per your coffee experience the dixie cup you refer to are the 5oz paper cups for the waffle mix batter and not for the coffee, the coffee cups are next to the coffee thermos.

Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

Great price compared to other hotels in the area. Clean rooms and pool area. Easy highway access. Free wifi

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank jasonsF6157MS
Reviewed July 2, 2012

My family went to Diamondhead MS on a family matter. We stayed at this hotel and rented three rooms for two days. I recommend not to stay here and recommend going to down the road to another hotel. On check in My7 room had not been cleaned very well. We had to wait to check in after 2pm so the rooms could be cleaned. they need to get a new cleaning crew. My room had hair all over the room. There was hair on the bathroom floor some looked like hair from other area than the head. Hair in the tube and sink. The room smelled musky. Another family members room was even more disgusting. They had hair in the bathroom on the floor, in the sink, and in the tube. Their tub was absolutely disgusting. The bed spread had what looked like fecal matter on it. This family member luckily brought their own blankets and pillows. The lobby area was very nice and clean but the rooms were disgusting. We complained about the conditions of the rooms but it was treated like we were troubling guests. The rooms had no coffee makers. Our family is big coffee drinkers and the only coffee is in the morning at the breakfast area during breakfast time which ends at 9am. The staff was not very good about taking care of breakfast. I had to make coffee. they had two coffee containers that was empty. The staff also did not keep up the breakfast area very well. I probably shouldn't complain about the breakfast since it was free but with not having coffee makers in the rooms I'm complaining. I've stayed in a lot of hotels members of my family have stayed in a lot of hotels one member had a job that required a lot of traveling. this is the first hotel that we knew of that did not have a coffee maker in the room. We even bring our own coffee to make but no coffee maker. The staff was not very good about taking care of the problems. I recommend to find another hotel to stay in if your going to be in the Diamondhead, MS area.

Room Tip: Find another hotel. do not stay at this one.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Checked in here after checking out of Diamonhead Resort across the highway. Friendly check in with Jenny. Clean quiet room. Stayed two nights with no problems. Friendly helpful housekeeping staff also. Would definitely stay again and recommend to others. Only con is that there is no elevator, but it's only 2 floors, so it wasn't a big problem.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I would recommend driving a little further and staying elsewhere. We had a very bad experience in this hotel. We stayed two nights and our group had two rooms.

The majority of staff was not friendly and we actually heard one of the men working at the front desk making fun of customers, which was completely unprofessional. The rooms were somewhat clean. The beds were clean, but the tubs were old and the carpet was stained. There were holes in the sheets in one of the rooms and the blanket was like foam.

The breakfast is only served until 9:00 am even on Sunday and staff is very adamant about about it. They start cleaning up at 9:00, refuse to make coffee after 9:00, and even rope off the area. There are even signs that you cannot take breakfast to go. The breakfast is very limited: toast, cereal, bagels, and make your own waffles. I had some toast on the first morning and it tasted old.

When we returned to the hotel for our second night's stay, housekeeping had left one of our doors ajar. When we complained, there was no apology, simply an assurance that they would look into it. Thank goodness we had taken all our valuables with us! In addition, the door to the other room wouldn't work. The manager/maintenance man had to run out to get more batteries. (He did take care of this right away, although it did take a while.)

Housekeeping only made the beds and vacuumed after our first night. They did not clean the sinks or the tub. We had a baby with us and needed a clean sink to clean bottles in. When we complained, staff was rude and defensive and entered the room without us to take pictures - stating the the room was too messy for them to clean it. (I'm a very organized person and would never leave a room too messy.)

Needless to say, we ended up leaving the hotel before our stay was over. I recommend paying more, driving a little further, and staying somewhere else, especially if you have children with you.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 26, 2012

We stayed three nights at the Diamondhead Econo Lodge with a group of people on Mardi Gras weekend for the Michael Grimm show at the Hard Rock in Biloxi. There have been some updates to the rooms since our last visit--new mattresses, new bedspreads. Although we were in a non-smoking room, smoke from the other rooms seeped into our room, especially when the door was opened. Maybe a filtration system would be in order.

Ebony was a gracious and, in addition to helping everyone check in, helped with directions, including printing maps, to various sites we all wanted to visit. The housekeeping staff was also prompt and courteous.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Reese C
Reviewed August 2, 2011

We had put in a deposit and paid rent at one of the brown Condo buildings in Diamondhead. We ended up staying at the Econo the first night of our gold tourney even though we had paid for the condo rental because the condo was NOT maintained as to what we were promised. ;-(

Econo lodge is a good value and offers a clean quiet place to sleep. Staff was nice. For dinner...The grouper sandwich at Hula's Restaurant on the water (down the street) is a good meal for only $9.00.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank MrTXnFL
Also consider these accommodations in or near Diamondhead
Super 8 Bay St. Louis
Hollywood Casino & Hotel Gulf Coast
Best Western Seaway Inn
Best Western Seaway Inn
#7 of 29 in Gulfport

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!