“No problems at all..”

Fremantle Village
sydney
“No problems at all..”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Despite the reviews, we were desperate for accomodation after leaving things a bit late and not properly organising anywhere to stay. Thankfully, they had late check in and were offered a decent spot for our campervan.

I found the park reasonably good. The toilets were fine, the campsite was fine and I didn't have anything to do with the onsite residents that others found unsavory, so can't comment on them.

Not a place would woould stay for a long period of time, but fine for an overnight stop.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank thetravellingcircus

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Two weeks spent here before found proper accommodation...
Security stops working around 10 pm and after that you cannot wake them up.
Food is frequently stollen from the common fridge.
After 4 days a thief entered our tent while sleeping and with cold blood took cigarets, 1 PC, 1 iPhone, and a handbag with docs. We chased him, but there is no sufficient light provided in the caravan park, so he sneaked out (have to mention there are some weird people living on the premisses in doggy barracks, but anyone can get in after 10pm).
Security answered only after police came around 2.30 am (deep sleep or ignorance).
Next day "Manager Mick" looked at me as I was his enemy and I had the feeling he wants me to leave his place asap. No support was given because he was in a rush having a "meeting" with his wife (as he said).

This review can be helpful for thieves or for people that do not want to be robbed.

Room Tip: Find another place
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank J G

Travelers are raving about these South Fremantle hotels

Fremantle, Australia
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Apparently gorgeous with a lot of green all around and pretty cabins, but if you wanna go with your tent beware because...if you got a car you MUST camp in powered site which costs 10$ more than the unpowered one (unless you decide to sell your car and pay less).
The ground is plenty of RUBBISH, and the camp kitchen and toilets are "cleaned" only once a day...
ps: AVOID if possible the reception in the morning, you'll meet a very, VERY RUDE RECEPTIONIST.

Room Tip: Choose a room, not a tent!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Katia B
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We arrived in Freemantle Village having travelled from Tasmania to N.T top end of W.A and down to Freemantle. we found the staff very unhelpfull when ever we had a query. The grounds need quite a bit of TLC and to top it off we booked another 4 days to catch up with friends and was charged $50 a night when queried we were told that it was W.A school holidays even though we had already been in the park 10 days. The park does not cater for children no playground or pool so why charge extra?. In comparison Margaret River DOES NOT charge extra for school holidays. Very disappointed

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jan D
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We really enjoyed our time here The camp kitchen was awesome heaps room to cook and sit down. Also a good tv room. Perfect layout with all amenities close by. By far the best toilets and showers from Frenantle to Darwin. We would highly recommend this place. :)

• Stayed July 2012
Michelle K, Manager at Fremantle Village, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Hi Bonniejane,
Thank you for your review. We have 1 brand new ablution block, one which is only 4 years old, and one which we fully refurbished about 2 years ago, so it is nice to know this doesn't go unnoticed. We are glad your experience with us was a positive one and hope to see you again in the future.
Caloundra, Australia
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Very good place to stay, check in very easy, staff friendly, close to Freeo, shops and sports bar, short walk to south beach, extendend my stay and no-problem with check in staff, I"ve stay here for 7 days and all good. Showers and toilets cleaned every day very nice

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Thank you FrankoPerth for your review. We are glad your stay with us was enjoyable and stress free! We hope to see you again in the future.
Tauranga
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Firstly, I have never complained about a hotel / motel before. I spent 3 weeks touring WA, and stayed in some fantastic campsites with ultra friendly staff.... until I got to Fremantle Village. I opted to upgrade to a Chalet Deluxe Premium, and paid $150 for the night. The chalet on first glance looked nice - recently refurbished, and the kitchen was modern and spotless. However, the bathroom was very old and had not been refurbed, almost forgotten but seemed OK. In the morning when I went in to shower, I pulled a towel trolley away from the shower and discovered a load of pubic hair, a big dead spider and lots of dust and lint that you only get when a floor hasn't been cleaned for several weeks/months. On closer inspection I realised that the fluff and dirt was all the way around the bathroom and there were hairs in the shower. It was close to checkout so I decided to shower as best I could, photograph the floor and then let reception know. At reception, I showed the photo to the woman doing checkout, who did not apologise but instead showed absolute diisinterest and said "I'll let Management know". I then explained that I had paid to upgrade to a Deluxe Premium Chalet which I didn't feel I had received. Her reply was "There's nothing I can do". I was extremely polite, but persisted, and said again that I had paid for something I didn't get. She then got a little annoyed with me and said "Look, all I can do is give you 10% discount, at which point she shoved $15 into my hand without making any eye contact. At that point I walked out as there was no way I was going to get even a hint of an apology. If she had been sympathetic, I would have probably been fine about the whole thing, but her attitude was just awful, and I would never recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank lizkiwi
Thank you for your review lizkiwi. We do apologise that the bathroom was not up to our usual standard of cleanliness. Please be assured that we have spoken to all staff involved regarding this matter.

Fremantle Village pride ourselves on our cleanliness, and once again we apologise that your experience with us was not what it should have been. Although it is of no benefit to you, we have since upgraded the bathroom to match the rest of the cabin.

We hope we can make it up to you in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Fremantle
Tradewinds Hotel Fremantle
Tradewinds Hotel Fremantle
#1 of 1 in East Fremantle
Discovery Parks – Woodman Point

Been to Fremantle Village? Share your experiences!