“disgusting says it all!!!”

Cafe New Orleans Diberville
Ranked #7 of 71 Restaurants in D'Iberville
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed November 13, 2012

OMG..What a dump this place is! We were on vacation and the desk clerk at our hotel recommend ed this restaurant . Her sister must work there because there's no other reason possible for sending ANYONE there. I ordered shrimp Alfredo and my husband had the fried oysters. The waitress brought out some little rock hard, burned, cold hushpuppies. She saw my face when I tried to bite one and took them away and brought US some more.....exactly the same little burned nuggets only hot this time. Next came salad...omg again....limp lettuce, 1/2 of a cherry tomato and stale croutons. WITH? MY Alfredo had 4 TINY salad shrimp mixed in with grey sauce. It was awful. I didn't or rather couldn't eat that crap. My husband's fried oysters were raw on the inside and black on the outside and his potatoes were gross. I had a dinner roll that was rock hard on the bottom. We just got our check and went to the register but I couldn't let it go. I told the waitress that it was the worst food we had EVER been served as I hit the roll on the side of my plastic salad bowl to show how hard it was. Her reply to me was "I guess I need to talk to the kitchen help". Duh!! You think? Our check was $40.00 and we shouldn't have paid for food that was actually inedible. Their grease must be ancient and the Health Dept. needs to better examine their cooking practices. Trust me people....Save your money and go to Boomtown buffet for a real meal, theirs is fab and cheaper too! Cafe New Orleans is dreadful !

2  Thank genni706

Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

I must admit that I was greatly impressed by this place when I got there. It's not a high class chain type place, nor it is not a place that derives a great deal of its business from tourists. A simple little place that has good food. Not overly spicy and not too much of it on your plate. I highly recommend the Cajun Sampler to people wanting to try Cajun Food. I plan to return here when I make my yearly business trip out here.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Whenever I'm visiting the coast, this place does the trick for my seafood, cajun, creole, Southern cravings. Poboys, fish, crawfish, shrimp - all good. Nice service, comfortable atmosphere and a worthwhile trip away from chains.

1  Thank tripperATL
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Loved the food here.Great wait staff also. Can't wait to back here again. Fried shrimp were cooked perfect both times we ate here. Plenty of food per meal. I ate seafood fresh all my life and this is the next best thing to catching and cooking it yourself.

1  Thank Kjun_mtn_lover
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

The fried shrimp platter is awesome!! The staff were very friendly. Restraunt is very clean. Will always go back when we come through.