“Better quality/value elsewhere”

Home2 Suites Biloxi North / D'Iberville
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in D'Iberville
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My husband and I chose the Home 2 Suites by Hilton because now that we have a young son, we find it more comfortable staying in a suite style room so that we have the extra space as well as the kitchen. We have stayed in other hotels' comparable suite brands and have been very satisfied with the stay, so when we came across this one, it looked very nice and we wanted to give it a try. When we arrived to check in, we walked toward the desk and the staff member was leaning over on the desk and just stared at us as we walked up, and did not say "hello" or "welcome" or "are you checking in?" We said hi and that we would like to check in and she said "ok" and we gave her the name. She then handed us the room key and told us about the pool and fitness area. It was a very off-putting start to the stay and certainly did not make us feel welcome. We were placed on the first floor all the way at the end of the hallway, and it turned out there was a good bit of noise coming from what seemed to either be people going up and down the stairs or in and out of the exterior door right outside the suite. When we walked into the room, our feet were all sticking to the tile floor and there was a film of dirt on the tile. Especially given that we have a toddler walking and crawling around, I had to wipe down the floor and picked up quite a lot of dirt on the many damp paper towels I had to use. It appeared to have been mopped with very dirty mop water. We also found several dead bugs on the floor in the kitchen and bedroom, a live one on the wall in the living room and a squished bug still on the wall near one of the baseboards in the bedroom. I realize that bugs get in sometimes, especially on the first floor, but the bug that had been squished on the wall and not cleaned is simply unacceptable and I believe speaks to the level of cleanliness of the suite and hotel in general. I also found larger dirt/particles and a used contact on the carpet, which indicates to me that the room was not vacuumed thoroughly or possibly not vacuumed at all. Upon arriving, the refrigerator was barely cool - we quickly realized that this was because it had not been closed all the way because it was such a tight squeeze in the nook that you had to shove the fridge to one side to be able to force the door closed all the way. Similarly, the dishwasher was in such a tight spot that we could not even get it to latch closed all the way. This, along with the look of a lot of the furnishings and finishes, as well as obvious sheetrock patching, etc., pointed to a lack of thoughtfulness and intentionality in the implementation of this concept, at least at this location. The sofa had some dirt on the cushions that had to be brushed off, and quite frankly looked very worn down, but it didn't have any visible stains. The bathroom seemed very clean, with the exception of residue all over the body wash and shampoo dispensers. Had they been cleaned properly, we would not have minded the dispensers; however, I do find it frustrating that there was no conditioner, as most people use both shampoo and conditioner and it is standard practice for both to be offered in hotel rooms. We also had 2 rolls of toilet paper that were well over halfway used up, which I can't imagine in on-brand for room prep. As far as the pool area, the set-up seemed nice, but the pool was very cold (even when when it has been in the 90s) and needed to be skimmed, as there were a lot of bugs, hair and bird feathers floating on the surface throughout. Breakfast was nice - a fair amount of options and the multi-grain waffles were very good. My only suggestion would be to extend the hours of breakfast to 10am - especially on weekends, it got extremely crowded near the tail end of breakfast because everyone was trying to make sure they got something before it ended at 9:00. Overall, the suite was very spacious and we were able to enjoy our trip to Gulfport, but we were extremely disappointed with the Home2 Suites and we feel that it was not up to par with the image of the Hilton brand (even given that this is a more economical sub brand) and certainly not up to par with the level of quality at comparable suite hotels by other brands, and we are extremely unlikely to book another one of these barring necessity. I realize that we did not address concerns with any staff member to give the opportunity to address the issues. Honestly, our stay was brief and I felt so unwelcome after our check-in experience that I did not even want to force another interaction with a staff member. At check-out, I was prepared to offer some feedback on our stay in response to the typical "How was your stay?" or "I hope you enjoyed your stay with us," but we were not asked or offered that sentiment at all.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeremy M
Victoria L, General Manager at Home2 Suites Biloxi North / D'Iberville, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at Home2 Suites, all feedback is greatly appreciated. I sincerely apologize that your stay was less than perfect. It is always our goal to make sure our guest have the best experience possible, so I am sorry that we let you down. Thank you again for letting us know where we fell short it is very important to me and my team so that we can continue to improve our guest overall experience. If you would like to discuss your stay please contact me @ 228-392-6265.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Probably the best hotel I have ever stayed in. Staff was so generous and helpful. Maids were super friendly and went the extra inch for you when it came to cleanliness. Very spacious and nice. Everything was top of the line. If I'm ever near the area again this would be the only place I would stay!

• Stayed: July 2013
Victoria L, General Manager at Home2 Suites Biloxi North / D'Iberville, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you Madiemac for taking the time to tell others about your recent Home2 experience, we're glad to hear you have a new Home2 stay in while traveling to the Biloxi area.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

As with many Hilton Properties, I must sadly go from five stars to three for one simple reason. SMOKE. I always book the top floor and was told the entire top floor was smoking!! What??? Also, stop allowing smoking in the public areas!!!! I like to sit at the pool or outdoor area and was unable to do so at this property because a small percentage of their customers smoke. HILTON you are losing customers to Marriott, and Starwood. Give these smokers a 4x4 area away from the rest of us. I have asthma, and I don't give a hoot if they are outdoors, it still affects me! Now the hotel is wonderful unless you like to get sun at the pool. It's very small, and zero sun. The rooms are perfect as is the common area. If you are sensitive to smoke stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Wayfarer58

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell others about your recent Home2 experience, I am sorry to hear you were less than satisfied. I would like to make you aware that while we do still have to allow smoking in our hotel, we only have 5 smoking rooms located on the top floor. I am sorry to here we were unable to accomodate you in another top floor room. I hope that you will give us a second chance so that we can better accomodate you. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss your stay further.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

This was a brand new hotel when we stayed. The rooms were HUGE with full size refrigerator,dish washer,microwave in the unit.The staff was great and hospitable. The outdoor patio and pool was also great. The only drawback was the breakfast which was eggs in plastic bags that needed to be put in the microwave,Yuk! That's the only reason I did not give them 5 stars.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you mrango for taking the time to tell others about your recent Home2 experience, we look forward to your next Biloxi vacation. I am sorry you didn't like the eggs, the brand is always working on adding new items so be sure to check out what's new the next time you are vacationing on the coast!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

The hotel was well furnished and managed. The suite was large and gave the dogs room to play. The walking trail was great for the dogs. There was a variety of restaurants near the hotel. We would consider using it as a get away place in the future.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

John C I am glad to hear you and your furry friends were able to relax in our spacious suites! We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Very nice hotel and I noticed it was pet friendly too. Seems like they took the time to include the little things that matter, such as Ipod alarm clock, kitchen amenities, grills, a useable table and refrigerator in the room, healthy breakfast choices and they recycle. A hotel that finally got it right. Really enjoyed the room and will make this my 1st choice when traveling over Country Inn and Suites.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
Victoria L, General Manager at Home2 Suites Biloxi North / D'Iberville, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thank you Joseph, for taking the time to others about your recent Home2 experience. I know that you have many choices when traveling so I am very happy to hear you have found a new first choice! Please visit Home2 Suites online to find out about more of our locations! We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

For a short one-night business trip during the Labor Day holiday weekend, this was one of the only hotels with a room left.
Normally, we stay at another nearby area hotel. So, we decided to give it a try and we were very pleasantly surprised that we did.

This is a new hotel (built about a year ago). Everything is crisp and clean, the staff is very helpful and very professional. The colors and feel of the hotel is very modern. The amenties including a nice outdoor saline pool, a patio with stainless steel BBQ pits, a nice gym, and complimentary breakfast. We stayed in a king room on the second floor which was spacious, very clean, well air conditioned, lots of space for us to sew (as our business is making pageantry clothing) and meet with clients from the area.
Overall, I'd say it's the best place to stay in D'Iberville (which is very close to all major casinos, beach, and shopping). We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: September 2013
Victoria L, General Manager at Home2 Suites Biloxi North / D'Iberville, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank you for telling others about your most recent Home2 experience, I am glad we we're able to accomodate you during such a busy weekend. We're looking forward to your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near D'Iberville
Courtyard Biloxi North/D'Iberville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Biloxi- Ocean Springs
IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#4 of 6 in D'Iberville
Best Western Plus Cypress Creek
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Biloxi - D'Iberville

Been to Home2 Suites Biloxi North / D'Iberville? Share your experiences!