“Great place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in D'Iberville
Aberdeen, Mississippi
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Chose this hotel for convenient location to Coast as well as great rates. We enjoyed having a larger room, modern furnishings, full kitchen and small things such as multiple outlets at lamp bases for our phones, iPad, etc. and good use of storage areas. As mentioned above, I too did not like the fact that the bathroom door would not stay open on its own. Also, may be trivial,but the breakfast bar was only open 0600-0900. That may suit most, but we like to sleep in a bit on the weekends and didn't really enjoy running for bfast while still half asleep. Another trivial point, I reserved a queen room and upon entering, noticed that the bed didn't look quite as big as ours at home. I went to the desk and asked the clerk if we indeed had the right room and she said we did. I told her that was not a Queen sized bed and she said "Well, that's OUR Queen bed." Again, wasn't a big deal for us but if that space is important to you, may need a King bed. If rates continue,we 'll certainly stay again!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Victoria L, General Manager at Home2 Suites Biloxi North / D'Iberville, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us and others about your experience at the Home2 Suites. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our spacious suites. You have many different choices when choosing the Home2 brand so I hope your travels will bring you back home to us so you can have the opporturnity to experience one of our larger king studio suites.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Irving, Texas
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I stayed here for one night while driving back from FL to TX. I am SO GLAD I picked this hotel. It was right off of I-10, but tucked back enough so that you didn't get any freeway noise. The hotel is only 6 months old too. The building was beautiful. What a great concept from Hilton! Check in was great. Chelsea at the FD was very nice and helpful. My room was impecible. I mean, spotless clean. The kitchen area was great, the living room and computer area were fantastic. And wow, the bed was AMAZING. I slept great!

Only two small nit picky complaints- the bathroom door does not stay open. I don't like to get ready with the door closed because I get hot. I had to prop it open with the chair from the room. Not a BIG deal, but it would have made the room 100% perfect. And noise....it seemed like everyone staying that night were on the 2nd floor with me. At about 1am, I could hear people yelling in the hall about how drunk they are. Again, not a big big deal. They also slammed their doors a lot too. Nothing the hotel could control, but I would recommend asking for a room away from people if you want quiet.

I missed breakfast so I canot comment on that. The general area is great. Lots of dining options within walking distance.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from people or a quiet room to avoid the door slammers
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank apTTU07
Thank you for taking the time to tell us and others about your experiences. We are SO GLAD you found us as well!! We hope the next time your travels bring you to the MS gulf coast you will make your way home to us!
Bowdoinham, Maine
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Great Hotel facility and, especially, staff.

I have stayed three three separate times in 2012 and the amenities match my needs - quick breakfast, very good gym, good laundry facility, very close to food (walking distance - shopping mall - not downtown but has great variety) and room was perfect (King Suite).

I do work in the room and office setup within the room was excellent. Free internet/printing was also appreciated.

I can't say enough about the staff - all pleasant and efficient. This includes administration, front desk, housekeeping and maintenance personnel.

One minus for me, the business traveler, was the slow turnaround time for dry cleaning.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Dave L
Thank you so much for your continued loyalty to the Home2 Suites Biloxi North D'Iberville, your feedback is very important to us so thank you for taking the time to tell us and others about your experiences. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the MS gulf coast.
Opp, Alabama, United States
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We had the most wonderful stay at this hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We have a special needs grand daughter and the general manager Victoria went way beyond the call of duty to accomodate us and make sure all our needs were met. We loved the handicap room and the spacious bath. We plan to stay at this hotel every time we come this way which is very often.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My stay here was a lengthy one and the hotel staff has made it very comfortable and an easy transition to a home away from home. Lauren-the front desk clerk is very friendly, heldful, and knowledgeable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. It's the best deal for a quality stay!

• Stayed September 2012
Victoria L, General Manager at Home2 Suites Biloxi North / D'Iberville, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
We know you have many choices when you're away from home, so thank you for choosing us and allowing us to make you feel at home. We look forward to your next visit into the Biloxi area.
ashland,al.
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Was referred to this facility after finding the Hampton,Ocean Springs did not have vacancy. A little difficult to find.Only a small sign on top of bldg. but really in a good location next to large shopping center and several good places to eat and just a short drive straight to coast at Biloxi.We needed a room for four nights and they only could cover three of them on check in But a wonderful young lady named Kitty kept working on it for the next two days and we were not only able to stay the last day but did not even have to change rooms.The room was great.Large spacious with kitchen area and all the extras.Very Clean.Fairly new facility. Beds were very comfortable.Overall very good experience and the entire staff was the best.Very friendly & helpful.If there was one area I think they could have improved on was breakfast. Not the usual hot meal served at Hiltons or Hamptons but more of a continental style with cereal, doughnuts,toast,bolied eggs,etc.They did have a warmer conveyor which you could choose a pre-pkg. type omelet to heat up. Also closed down at 9:00am which I felt was a little early. The curtain was pulled even if you were still eating, but the attendant did ask if anyone wanted anything else. Not bad but could improve with biscuit/gravy,eggs, bacon, sausage,etc. Will definately stay here again if in area. Give Kitty and the entire staff a Gold Star !

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Victoria L, General Manager at Home2 Suites Biloxi North / D'Iberville, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, your feedback is very important! I am glad Kitty was able to get you in for your entire stay, she's a real jewel. I will be sure to give the entire staff and extra pat on the back just for you! We look forward to your next visit into the Biloxi area!
Crossville, Tennessee
Reviewed October 12, 2012

As Hilton Honors Diamond member, I have stayed in a few Hiltons in various parts of the country. I decided to review this hotel by listing what I liked and what I didn't like. First of all, we stayed here because we were attending an event at the IP Resort and they were booked up so a new Hilton seemed to be a good choice. This was my first stay at a Hilton Home2 Suites and I would rank it below a Homewood, Garden Inn and Hampton Inn.

Likes
Location - In an upscale shopping center close to restaurants, stores and highway
Extremely clean and quiet
Comfortable bed
Friendly staff
Price
Room darkening shade
Large TV
Full size refrigerator with dishes

Dislikes

Small bathroom
Breakfast - Nothing special - cereal, toast, bagels, yogurt and some type of breakfast toasty thing that a lot of people didn't finish.
Difficult to find - It is off to the side of the shopping center with only a little hand made sign hung on a post that was almost impossible to see.

I'm also not sure if I like the "modern" or "eclectic" feel of the room. I told my wife that it reminded me of a Microtel Inn I had stayed at - that is not a compliment. My bottom line is that if given a choice, I would choose the Hampton or Homewood Suites as more desirable Hilton properties.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Victoria L, General Manager at Home2 Suites Biloxi North / D'Iberville, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
I want to personally thank you for choosing to stay with us while visiting Biloxi and for sharing your feedback with us via Trip Advisor. As a new brand and new property we are eager to hear from our guests and value your input as a seasoned traveler. I understand guest suite presentation was a concern, and we will keep your comments in mind as we continue to evolve to meet the needs and expectations of our guests. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the amenities of your room and found your bed to be comfortable. We look forward to having you back and hearing any other suggestions or comments you would like to share.
Victoria Littles
Also consider these accommodations in or near D'Iberville
Courtyard Biloxi North/D'Iberville
Hampton Inn Biloxi
Hampton Inn Biloxi
#6 of 47 in Biloxi
Wingate by Wyndham D'Iberville/Biloxi

Been to Home2 Suites Biloxi North / D'Iberville? Share your experiences!