“Choice Points Redemption”

Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Biloxi - D'Iberville
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in D'Iberville
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Nothing fancy, but it was clean and quiet, which is what we wanted. My husband and I only spent 1 night. Only suggestion would be to have a free breakfast, like some of the other choice brand hotels. There is a Waffle House and fast food places nearby for breakfast. The front desk ladies were very kind and helpful. We would stay there again, whether we have points to redeem or if we have to pay because it is a nice place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back because it is quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Karen B, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Biloxi - D'Iberville, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Thank you for your comments we appreciate your business and hope you will stay with us again.

There are newer reviews for Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Biloxi - D'Iberville

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Wonderful stay, Hope to return soon. It was very reasonable rates compared to Hotels in Biloxi. This is very near to casinos. Room was clean and confortable. Nice kitchens with all plates and utensils. I cooked one night. It was wonderful experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Karen B, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Biloxi - D'Iberville, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Thank you for your response. We hope you to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed here 11/14/2013 to 11/17/2013. We want to thank Virginia at the front desk for being so very helpful and accommodating . she went over and above to help us with everything from our room needs to directions to local sites. Our room was very clean but, we did have a problem with a noisy fan motor in our fridge. We called the front desk first thing in the morning and within 10 minutes they had our fridge switched out......thank you John from maintenance.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Karen B, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Biloxi - D'Iberville, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

I love this hotel. Everytime we come to visit our family we always stay here. My room is always clean and fresh and comfortable. Once again they did not disappoint me. Everyone from the time we arrived until check out was friendly nice and polite. Althought this is budget hotel they have First Class hospitality and quality. I LOVE how CLEAN this place is.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back that way you can watch the sun rise and set on the water.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mrsmc1015
Karen B, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Biloxi - D'Iberville, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Thank you for you comments on your recent stay. We are glad you always enjoy your stay with us and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I stay at the Suburban when I visit the coast for business and pleasure. I started staying here right after the hurricane renovation. The rooms are clean and everything worked properly every time I have been there. The Desk Clerks are always friendly and helpful whenever I need something done such as, faxing, use of the guest computer, and printing of documents. I never have to worry about security because I see a Sheriffs Patrol unit checking the parking lots on a regular basses and I have heard of any kind of problem in the area. The Hotel is located within walking distance of City Hall, Restraints, Shopping, Casinos, and the back Bay for fishing ( which my son loves). Since the current General Manager has taken over there has been a vast improvement in the friendliness of all the staff, and condition in the appearance of the Hotel. The only complaint that I would have is the increase in the rates for the type of Hotel. The Staff has gone out of their way to satisfied us and make my family's stay pleasant. The Desk clerk (Virginia) was most helpful in getting a problem solved with my laptop by calling a Tec that was able to walk me through a repair, she was very helpful. I have recommended Suburban to several of my friends and business associates.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Karen B, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Biloxi - D'Iberville, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Thank for staying with us and taking the time for letting us know how your stay was.
Hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stayed Saturday Aug 24, 2013.
We tripple-checked the address of this hotel to make sure we're reviewing the correct hotel. It was me, my wife, and 2 small children. In our opinion, people should be very careful when "naming-their-own-price" or taking other "blind" travel arrangements for discounts.

Pros: In my opinion (IMO) hotel was easy to find. Plenty of free parking spaces. Close to ample shopping, restaurants, and not too far from casinos (though we don't gamble.) Decent TV channel line-up, IMO. Facts: Flat screen HD TV; Free WiFi; small grocery shelves at front desk.

Cons: In my opinion (IMO), this hotel has VERY DIRTY ROOMS. Poor, rundown area of town, IMO. Dirtiest rooms I've ever seen in my many travels. Poor overall design of this hotel and rooms, IMO. Facts: Only 1 elevator, and 2 or 3 stair cases; We never saw any management on-site; Window air conditioner was positioned right next to our heads when lying on the beds, inches above the bedside table.

EXTREMELY DIRTY, FILTHY ROOMS, in our opinion. Not even funny how terribly dirty this hotel is. We expect a minimal level of cleanliness at any place we stay, and our minimums were no where near met. Facts: When we entered this room, I first noticed many crumbs on the table. There was visible dirt, cobwebs, and dust everywhere in the room, including drawers, cabinets, floors, everywhere. Large dead roach right behind the bathroom door. Microwave contained splatter stains.
The only way we could tell they might have "cleaned" our room was: beds were made, empty trash cans, and nicely folded towels. Opinion: We were too exhausted to change rooms. Prepaid in advance on bidding website, no refunds, so it wasn't economical to leave.

IMO, the carpet was the absolute worst I've ever seen. I've read about other hotels with sticky carpet but I never believed it until now. This carpet felt like somebody had poured barrels of sugary soda all over every inch of it, even around the beds, and then it was never cleaned. IMO, bed sheets were very worn out but no visible stains that we saw. Beds seemed old and worn, in our opinion. IMO, it SEEMS that neither on-site clerks, nor any management ACTUALLY checked our room before declaring it "ready," in our opinions. Facts: I made my family wear socks the whole time, which would stick to the carpet when walking; We used disinfecting wipes AND sprayed every surface and floor area we could.

Semi-Facts: Most exterior and interior walls had somewhat fresh paint caked on; LG TV took awhile to load channels when changing them, but they were high-def. Almost zero counter space in our room's bathroom. We didn't eat their grab-n-go "breakfast." Opinions: The cabinets were yellowing; we could tell they used to be whiter; Room came with only a couple dishes that were mostly worn out and stored in dirty cabinets; Newer, brand-name appliances (Hamilton Beach, GE) weren't worn out yet; Free WiFi was average speed and strength; Room light switches were confusing; Fridge was average with ice maker and mostly clean on the inside, surprisingly; Room had a "no smoking" symbol, but probably had its share of smoke throughout its existence based on the smell, in our opinions.

In our opinions, this area of town appears unsafe, crime-ridden, and dirty, REGARDLESS of how many police stations etc. are in the area. A guy on the hotel stairs STANK of weed smoke when walking by us, IMO. Yet somehow, there was a variety of average restaurants within a mile?? Facts: We didn't see, nor were we informed of any hotel security. Our 20-Month-old son was able to open our room door very easily from the inside, even when we locked every lock. I had to put a chair in front of the door.

IMO, check-in took longer because there was only 1 clerk on the whole property we could see, but she was very nice. Elevator was kinda hidden, IMO. Check-out was quick, IMO.

In my opinion, any corporation/company should be ashamed to have this particular location as part of their brand. My suggestion to all managers would be to actually visit AND inspect the property, instead of just keeping your business cards at the front desk. I'm just a traveler and get nothing from my positive or negative reviews. We live in Texas.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Karen B, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Biloxi - D'Iberville, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Jay B,

As you well know from your stay here we are in the central part of D'Iberville which is a very clean small town. We are centrally located from both City Hall which is new and the Police Department. We are also 2 miles from the Beach. There is a lot of construction going on in the area since they are in the process of widening the Highway and building another Shopping Center. No where in the area is there a hint of a dirty crime ridden area.
As far as your room being dirty I would love the opportunity to personally speak with you. I personally check rooms though out the week and have never found one to be in the condition you describe. Managers are accessible to guest 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Since you did not inform any one about and problem with your room I would love the change to speak with you personally. I encourage you to call and speak with me personally about your stay so that we might resolve any issues you have.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

For an extended stay hotel, it's on the pricier side, although location was great and staff was friendly, but there was no one at the desk to talk to at 10:30 pm when I found a dozen termites in the bathroom. I was even aware that Orkin had visited earlier in the week. There was also mold in the places you don't think to look: under the sink, cracks of the shower, etc. Things like this gross me out to the point of never being willing to return to an establishment.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank henny34
Karen B, Director of Sales at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Biloxi - D'Iberville, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank You for your comments on your recent stay. Please be assured we do an extensive check on each extended room at check out. Although we did not find any mold or termites in your room. We would love to speak with you about your stay, and we will be calling you Tuesday 5/28/2013.

Also consider these accommodations in or near D'Iberville
IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi
Hampton Inn Biloxi
Hampton Inn Biloxi
#5 of 47 in Biloxi
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi
Motel 6 Biloxi/Ocean Springs
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Biloxi
Beau Rivage Resort & Casino Biloxi

Been to Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Biloxi - D'Iberville? Share your experiences!