“Great away from home Hotel”

Regency Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in D'Iberville
alabama
“Great away from home Hotel”
Reviewed January 21, 2009

My Company called and requested a room for several nights, I really enjoyed the 5am breakfast most hotels start breakfast after I have to be at work. Along with the ladies behind the desk faxing my payroll everyweek. I really appreciated you ladies.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — every thing was fine
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Biloxi, Mississippi
Reviewed November 26, 2008

This was one of the best places that i have ever stayed in this area, the staff was very efficient and very helpful, they did more than they needed to make my stay better. The rooms were really clean, the bathroom was spotless. Overall it was a very wounderful experience. And i would recommend anyone who is traveling by or visiting Biloxi, to stay her. They sure do give you the real value for the money you pay.
Keep up the good work.

• Liked — The rooms, the level of comfort and the staff.
  • Disliked — none that i can think of.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Louisiana
Reviewed May 5, 2008

Well let me first start off by saying that the location is great if you are looking for a place close to I-10 and the Casinos. When we first arrived the rooms went for $89 on the internet and when we arrived the lady (who was very rude) tried to change our rate to $179 per night. I told her that it was outrageous and we wasn't paying that . So then we tried to cancel and then she told us that if we cancel we still would have to pay $99 dollars. which we ended up leaving and found out they charged us $99 anyway. STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL IF YOU DON"T WANT TO GET RIPPED OFF> I MEAN IT IS BILOXI SO YOU DO THE MATH

Stayed May 2008
2 Thank msgtcbrown

Travelers are raving about these D'Iberville hotels

Pensacola, FL
Reviewed April 18, 2007

Was referred to the Regency by an IP front desk employee. The IP was overbooked and was told that the Regency was "very nice and only $59.00."

Cost is not really an issue for us, and all we really wanted was a clean, moderately comfortable room. Needless to say I was surprised to discover that I could not get a room there for less than $120.00. It was getting late and we were tired, so we decided to stay at that price, even though the lobby was cluttered, dirty and shabby. Obviously, a big mistake....my bad.

This room was filthy. There were stains and debris on the carpet. There were stains covering every piece of very used furniture in the room, including the bedspread, which we tossed off the bed immediately. The bathroom counters and toilet were stained and the shower had incredibly low water pressure. The "towels" were as big as loincloths (I really don't know how big a loincloth is, but am intimating that they were very small!). The only saving grace was that the sheets seemed to be clean, but even those were paper thin and tattered. The king bed was hard and lumpy.

The occupants of the room next door were loud and obtrusive, banging on doors until very late in the evening/early AM. Their "complete continental breakfast"consisted of two containers of cereal, some coffee and stale mini-muffins.

I asked to speak to the manager, but it turned out that the gentleman who greeted and processed us the evening before was not in. The owner is his father.

I'm writing this as a cautionary tale so that you will avoid the place....unless of course you can get the room less than 50 and don't mind the above mentioned niceties.

• Stayed April 2007
8 Thank SportsGuyNWFL
Louisiana
Reviewed May 22, 2005

I researched a place to stay in Biloxi on a Friday night that was less expensive than the outrageous casino weekend rates. I chose this hotel because it had one of the cheapest rates out of other hotels and because the description offered a deluxe continental breakfast I thought the cost of a hot breakfast included made the rate even better. When I called to get directions, I was told it was only five years old so I knew it wouldn't be too worn out. When my husband and I arrived we saw a Quality Inn and Suites and a Travel Lodge next door to each other, and I assumed the Quality Inn was the correct place since it is also a member of the Choice Hotel group. We found out they are going through an ownership change. The hotel is not fancy but it is very clean and our room was in great condition. It is called a suite because there is a rectangular extra room to walk into from the bedroom that had a small table with two chairs, a sink, fridge and microwave in it. I guess it just looked weird because there were no pictures on the wall in that extra room. As far as deluxe continental breakfast goes, the description on their web site is misleading because we were expecting sausage and scrambled eggs and biscuits (a nice breakfast). When we got to the breakfast area, none of the "good" stuff was there -- only waffles, donuts and cereal. That was disappointing to us because we were looking forward to a good breakfast. It is close to the Biloxi casinos. Other than the breakfast situation, I would consider staying again.

• Stayed May 2005
2 Thank trav2005
Myrtle Grove, FL
Reviewed October 7, 2004

This is an excellent property.

Rooms very well kept and clean.
Easy access on and off Interstate 10.
Walmart close by.
Very nice hot breakfast.

Have stayed there several times. Have tried to make a reservation there twice in the past month to be told by Choice Hotels central reservations number that this property requires a SEVEN night minimum stay! Stopped in yesterday and the front desk personnel said that they do this to prevent "overbooking" by the 800 reservation number. They said that they do accept "walkins".
This sort of defeats the idea of calling the 800 number to ensure a place to stay. Hope that this hotel changes their policy as we have really enjoyed our stays with them. We have stayed lately at other Choice Hotel properties in the area instead of this one because of this policy. Having a confirmed reservation is a must for us.

• Stayed September 2004, traveled on business
2 Thank Rod P
Also consider these accommodations in or near D'Iberville
Courtyard Biloxi North/D'Iberville
Wingate by Wyndham D'Iberville/Biloxi
Home2 Suites Biloxi North / D'Iberville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Biloxi
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#39 of 47 in Biloxi
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel of Biloxi - D'Iberville

Been to Regency Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!