Regency Inn & Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Fitness center
View Hotel
All reviewswould definitely stay here againlate at nightsmall gymcleaning staffwalking distanceshopping and restaurantsthe room was niceeasy accessinterstate
Reviewed July 4, 2012

In 50 years of traveling and experiencing motel stays, this by far is the worst experience that we have ever had. The staff was adequate. The facility is one step short of being declared unlivable. There is a terrible "musty" mold infested smell throughout the entire building. Their effort to cover it is with dehumidifiers in the hallways and strong bleach smells from cleaners. My wife's allergies were terribly affected and the staff did the best they could by recommending that we put one of the dehumidifiers from the hall in our room which minimaly heped but did not alleviate the problem. Upon checking out, I asked the desk clerk if there had been water damage. The answer that we received was that it was probably from being in the South with the high humidity and the air conditioners running. RIGHT!!! I live 100 miles east of Biloxi in the South and we have no such problem. The breakfast is just average. We understand it had tremendous damage from Hurricane Katrina. The down side is that the tidal surge did not take the facility out to sea. If we ever have occasion to stay in the Biloxi area again and this is the only available lodging, we'll elect to sleep on the beach. Worst $ 140.00 that we ever spent....or had robbed from us.

Room Tip: Use another facility
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Scott P
Reviewed February 27, 2012

The Regency Inn is very conveniently located just off IH-10 and surrounded by shopping, restaurants, movie theater and just a few miles from the beach and casinos. The hotel staff and management is very efficient, friendly and helpful. They really go out of their way to make you feel at home when you’re away from home. The facility is extremely clean and well maintained. There’s a complementary breakfast provided in the mornings that includes eggs, sausage/biscuits, waffles, bagels, cereal, variety of juices, etc… They even make coffee in the evenings for us evening coffee drinkers. Need I say more? Stay there, you won’t be disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Laura M
Reviewed October 16, 2011

In my 10 years of traveling, this was my first online review of a hotel. So here goes.....

I was traveling over the weekend, and most places were booked in Biloxi. I called around and
found that the Regency was smoke free, they had a breakfast, and 2 queen beds (for the fam).

What I didn't know is that they "wash" the hotel with cat feces and curdled milk. They should have spent the investment they put into flat panel TVs for a carpet cleaner and dumpster to throw away the Styrofoam sheets, and sub-par breakfast.

The staff would probably be happier working at the waffle house next door. At least there they would be required to offer some service.

I wish I could push the delete button from my memory of this one. The place is a dump.

Room Tip: The best tip I have is to sleep on the dumpster outside of Waffle House, and to not pay for a room here.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank jusbear48
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Stayed in the hotel for about a week on business, and each day was greeted with a horrible smell. The rooms were average in layout, but were poorly lit leaving you feeling like you were in a cave the whole time. Internet was available, but was far from high-speed (more like dialup) and I ended up using my Verizon stick the whole time.

The breakfast is of poor quality - nothing but bread / bagels from Walmart and a toaster. During my 6 day / 5 night stay the water was out for a day and we weren't offered any compensation. Furthermore, a colleague in a different room had his clothes thrown from the closet onto the bed so they could paint - wrinkling his clothes and making his whole room smell like paint...and funk.

When I checked out I asked the housekeeping staff why it smelled so bad, and they told me that this place used to be a Travelodge before Katrina, but was heavily damaged from the storm. It was purchased and patched up, but there is obviously flood damage and mold which is why the whole place smells aweful. The smell ended up making me sick and got into my clothes - I can only help it gets out.

Don't stay here - it's bad for your health!

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
6  Thank MSUSpartansFan
Reviewed February 2, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for a few weeks and I wasn't impressed, nor disgusted. The hotel has a bad smell to it, and you can't open the windows outside to air it out. In addition, the breakfast is really limited. They only offer donuts, plain old bagels, and juice. The lamps all still have their plastic covers on them, and there isn't a workout room. The rooms were okay, nothing great, but not dirty.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business