“Do not stay here” 1 of 5 bubbles

Quality Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Corinth
“Do not stay here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

We travel a lot with the choice hotels chain, and this was our worst stay. The room was filthy! Hair all over the shower, in the bed and the sink area. The outlets did not have covers huge safety hazards as we have children with us. The lock on the door was broken off and the walls were gross with spider webs on the ceiling. Breakfast was supposed to be until 10, but we arrived at 9:45 to be told not much was left and she was closing, and actually turned the lights off on us as we were sitting eating the last biscuits she had. Our feet were actualy black from the disgusting rug as well. DO NOT STAY HERE!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Emily A, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
We appreciate your comments and review. We value guest's feedback and experience. Quality Inn has been in the process of renovation. We have been targeting housekeeping issues, and have implemented additional housekeeping cleaning protocol and staff meetings to ensure guests have a clean and comfortable stay. I apologize that you have had a negative experience, and hope you will give us a chance in the future to improve your perception of our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Mesquite, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

We checked in and checked out in less than 15 minutes after being assigned a non-smoking room that smelled like an ash tray and found roaches in the bed and dresser drawers. Furniture was old and shabby, the carpet was threadbare. Desk clerk was apologetic ("we can't get the exterminator to come here") and refunded our prepayment. We stayed instead at the Hampton Inn next door, which was wonderful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Marcy M
We appreciate your comments and review. We value guest's feedback and experience. Quality Inn has been in the process of renovation. We have been targeting housekeeping issues, and have implemented additional housekeeping cleaning protocol and staff meetings to ensure guests have a clean and comfortable stay. Also, we have changed pest control companies to alleviate any pest issues in rooms. I apologize that you have had a negative experience, and hope you will give us a chance in the future to improve your perception of our hotel.

Travelers are raving about these Corinth hotels

Panama City Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

Guys, just short and sweet on my review, but this place ranks so low on my TripAdvisor comment list. As I look at all of the other reviews, most are negative. I agree and I have stayed here before, but never again. My biggest complaint is internet service. While I spend well over 100 nights per year in a hotel, it's 2012....no reason for bad internet. The last time I stayed here, they said they were working on it. That was two months ago. Nice people working here but not a place for me anymore. Hours of work lost because of no internet.

What gets me is you know the owner has to see these TA postings. Maybe I was raised different but if I owned the Quality Inn in Corinth and saw these comments, I would freak out,,,,I could not even sleep at night,,but whatever.

If you have to stop in Corinth for the night, there is a Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Econo Lodge to choose from if you decide against the Quality Inn. But regardless of where you stay, if you ever come to Corinth, MS you must eat at Abe's Grill, especially breakfast. Try it and respond back.

Room Tip: No internet service
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate your comments and review. We value guest's feedback and experience. We have purchased new routers and equipment to help improve the internet signal and functionality. I apologize that you had a bad experience, and appreciate the review.
st. louis, mo
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

We arrived after midnight and in desperate need of a hotel. The other hotels were booked and we were tired. The hotel looked older and mildly kept up. The room had no swinging bolt to lock the door so we placed our suitcase in front of the door. There were spider webs/spiders in the corners of the bathroom and holes in the ceiling tile. The breakfast was less than desirable but edible. The staff was friendly.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank joonbug72
We appreciate your comments and review. We value guest's feedback and experience. Quality Inn strives to provide guests with a clean and comfortable stay and friendly staff. We have improved our breakfast selection and again appreciate your review.
Cedar Falls, Iowa, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012

This place should be condemned. First room we were put in had no doors on the bathroom smelled real bad had bugs crawling and the air conditioner was broken. We asked to change rooms and the other room at least had a door on the bathroom but had bugs crawling everywhere the air conditioner worked but was all cracked outside there was broken furniture laying around checked out the green slime pool with garbage bags laying everywhere around it full of who knows what. There was garbage in the bushes in bags and not in bags. The breakfast the food was gross muffins that were hard as a rock. I don't know how they stay open. IF the other laces weren't full we would of moved immediately to Holiday inn Express or one of the other ones. Couldn't sleep because of bugs. Didn't take in luggage for fear of something crawling in it.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else unless you want critters in your luggage.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Pat S
We appreciate your comments and review. We value guest's feedback and experience. Quality Inn has been in the process of renovation. We have changed pest control services, and have had much better results with the new company. We have been targeting housekeeping issues, and have implemented additional housekeeping cleaning protocol and staff meetings to ensure guests have a clean and comfortable stay. I apologize that you have had a negative experience, and hope you will give us a chance in the future to improve your perception of our hotel.
Fountain Hills, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

Based on two previous and bad experiences at two other Quality Inns, I would not have stayed at the Corinth location if I would have had a choice. I was in the area for the Sesquicenntenial events commemorating the Battle of Shiloh. All other hotels were booked on the night of March 31, so I reluctantly made a reservation at Quality. I fully expected a dirty room and a sleepless night, but the glaring filth here was almost more than I could stand. First, a previous viewer was correct: they unabashedly keep their slimy green swimming pool uncovered. Prior to our arrival, I had joked to my traveling companion that camping out with the battle reenacators would probably be cleaner than a stay at the Quality, and this turned out to be correct. Immediately upon entry, we killed three cockroaches in the bathroom area. My companion headed down to the office for some bug spray, and was cheerfully obliged. We wetted down the room with the stuff, in hopes of keeping them from crawling on us in the night. In addition, the room had a fetid smell that did not dissipate after the bug spray or after we turned on the air conditioner. I believe the smell originated from the leak under the bathroom sink. Water had been seeping onto the wall and down to the floorboard where the carpet was coming away from the wall. I was so disgusted by the cockroaches that I took the bare minimum that I would need from my suitcase, and then took it and the rest of my belongings back down to our rental car to avoid infestation. I slept very little, and rushed to get out of this hellhole the next morning. I would give this place a below zero rating if possible, it's that bad. Thankfully we were able to move over to the Hampton Inn the next night, which by the way is a lovely and immaculate establishment.

Room Tip: Avoid this dump at all costs and make a reservation at the Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn in Corinth.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate your comments and review. We value guest's feedback and experience. We have changed pest control companies, and have had much better results with the new company. I apologize that you have had a negative experience, and hope you will give us a chance in the future to improve your perception of our hotel.
Reno, NV
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

This place is a real dump! From the green-slime pool to the barely-working room air conditioners, this place is so past it's prime that no wonder that the Comfort Inn chain dumped it. Even the soda dispenser machines don't work which may suggest other management issues.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
      Cleanliness
We appreciate your comments and review. We value guest's feedback and experience. At the time of your stay we were in the process of getting the pool open for the summer season, also the vending machines have been replaced. I apologize that you have had a negative experience, and hope you will give us a chance in the future to improve your perception of our hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corinth
Econo Lodge Corinth
#1 of 3 in Booneville
Northeast College Inn Booneville
Holiday Inn Express Corinth
Star Plus Inn & Suites

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!