“Pleasant Surprise”

Econo Lodge Corinth
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Corinth
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed two nights in early April. Good price. Large room. Interior doors. Congenial staff. Had to drive around next door Holiday Inn to get to room from reception. Had to walk outside to get to breakfast. Might be one of the last to not have one of those waffle makers in the breakfast. Room clean and well furnished. We selected this motel on price and were pleasantly surprised with what we got.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I planned to be in Corinth only for a couple of days and the Econo Lodge was ideally located-right off the main highway and still on the main road to town. Clean and comfortable are my primary requirements and this met both. The rooms are larger than a Super 8 or Red Roof. However, unlike Red Roof, where you can park literally at the door, the Econo Lodge required you to enter at a centrally located door and to use your key card to gain entrance.
The ice machine must have had an extra large capacity since there was always enough for my cooler.
They have a large room for continental breakfast but no hot meals. For that there is a Waffle House just across the highway.
One nice touch was a panel on the wall telling Corinth's historical importance in the Civil War.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We were traveling to Shiloh and Corinth with the kids and needed a place to stay for the night. There are not a ton of options in the area and by the time we booked the Hampton Inn was full as was the Holiday Inn Express. I was a bit nervous given we don't typically stay in Motel 6 and it could be hit or miss given Corinth is a relatively rural area. I was quite pleased with cleanliness and polite staff. For a night it was perfectly serviceable. If you are used to Hiltons and Marriott you need to adjust your expectations as this is not the same class but if you need a warm and clean bed for the night, I certainly would have no hesitation staying there again. My rating is based on comparable class of hotels and I am not comparing it to W.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2013

While traveling for work, this hotel was in price range for expense account. staff is awesome, very helpful and friendly. the rooms are clean (i've stayed here twice). beds comfortable. clean linens and furniture.

Room Tip: no refrigerator or microwave.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed one night in early March when driving through Corinth on a pleasure trip farther south. As many have said the staff's service was superb. Every question I asked got careful attention and received more than a cursory reply. As far as I could tell the room was as clean as any I've stayed in, the bed was comfortable, the heater worked perfectly, the internet was reliable, hot water was available every time I wanted it, the towels and wash cloths were comfortable, the facility was no noisier than the more expensive motels, the parking was more convenient to the room than most motels I've stayed in the past few years. The one thing I missed was no mini refrig. But for the price I was willing to make that trade-off. At the pricier motels I have found the breakfast variety greater.

A good many years ago I was unhappy with some lower priced motels not being as clean as I liked and began only staying at AAA 3-diamond motels. But as the prices for these began regularly hitting $120-130 / night I started looking on the internet and found during a long driving trip in 2012 that I could use TripAdvisor to find lower priced motels that covered what I considered the essentials as well as the more expensive chains at about 2/3rds the cost.

This Econo Lodge in Corinth for the one night I stayed offered outstanding value in my opinion.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I hate slamming this place because the people are so nice and trying hard to make it nice. Problem is they can't and probably never will. It's clean, I'll give it that, but the Pinesol smell will give you a screaming headache. The place is dated and probably beyond being cost effectively updated. The rooms have no micro or fridge, no work desk, and I'm a little concerned how the small holes in the drapes got there. The beds are,best case, probably more comfortable than the floor.

It's non smoking, that's an upside, although I'd almost welcome smoke smell over the Pniesol.

The staff is really, really nice but they can't perform miracles.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 2, 2013

This was a good clean place to stay. The clerks all wore clean Econo Lodge dress shirts. Not willing to give upgrade to a Diamond Member though! :-( The whole property was clean as well. The only thing about my room that I did not like was that you could see the holes in the curtains the next morning. They also could use better towels.
Breakfast was better than expected. They had a large selection to choose from. Fruit, Special K bars, cereal, hard boiled eggs, danishes, and much more.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corinth
Hampton Inn Pickwick Dam-At Shiloh Falls
0 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Corinth
Star Plus Inn & Suites
The Generals' Quarters Inn
Hampton Inn Corinth
Hampton Inn Corinth
#1 of 5 in Corinth

Been to Econo Lodge Corinth? Share your experiences!