“Oustanding!!”

Smith
Ranked #5 of 82 Restaurants in Corinth
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I visited Smith during lunch about a month ago. I had the Prime Rib sandwich and it was fantastic. I returned today (12/4/2013) and had the Burger which is infused with bacon with your choice of cheese. Again, the lunch was excellent. I travel through Corinth about once a month on business and i will be making this a regular visit on my schedule. The atmosphere is perfect for a working lunch as this was a printing company ( and a bank before that) and the "industry" feel is apparant. The layout of the booths and tables is perfect and plenty of room to conversate business without being overheard. This is the first place where i have actually broke a sweat while eating the homemade pickles! You must try!!!

2  Thank Benny K

Reviewed November 16, 2013

During a trip to Memphis, my husband and I stopped at Smith. in downtown Corinth. No, the period after Smith is not a typo, that is the name. It is a reminder that Smith. is located in an old printing company building. Let me tell you a little about the building because it adds to the charm. The dining room consists of dark wood and black and is simple in design. To the left they have built a new wine cellar between the building and the bank next door. They cleverly left the original windows there so that you can see the wine cellar and all the bottles of wine! They also left the original brick wall too.

On the opposite side is the kitchen with a paned window allowing the diner to see the kitchen. There is a cute sign that says "Please don't tap on the glass, it bothers the animals"!

Upstairs they have added a bar which includes a balcony. I would think that they add tables and chairs out there during warmer months. There is also a couple of banquet rooms up there as well.

Melissa was our server and she informed us that they have only been open since June and the building had previously been vacant for years. It is exciting to see vacant buildings being put to such good use, especially in a downtown area. Melissa was very friendly and attentive. She used an iPad mini to take our order and then used it to swipe our credit card at the end...technology! Oh, and our menus were on a clip board...what a clever idea!

Cajun music played as we reviewed the music and I noticed several Cajun dishes as well. I ordered the blacken catfish with collards and étouffée, how could I resist with Cajun music in the background? My husband opted for the fried turkey club sandwich with sweet potato fries. We were promptly served slices of corn bread with roasted corn butter, a different twist on butter!

My selection arrived very nicely plated with the heavily seasoned catfish fillet on top of the collard greens and a bit of étouffée dripping off the side. My husband's sandwich was huge. I sampled the turkey and didn't find it special; the sweet potato fries were good. My dish was very good. It is spicy though, it you don't like spicy dishes, you should avoid this one.

I wished we had room for dessert because they had some nice ones. The special was a fried green tomato grilled cheese with roasted tomato soup. Sounds great but I didn't get to sample it, oh well, maybe next time!

1  Thank Hrpamw
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Oh. My. Gosh. I don't think I have ever left a restaurant so full and happy. It was like Thanksgiving day - you know that feeling where you ate too much and now you have a food high but you'd do it all over again just to experience the meal? That was Smith's. The Chicken Wing appetizer is enough for a meal. I had the catfish and the shrimp and grits and would recommend both (yes, I had to go there twice on my trip. It was that good.) Then the desserts....Their Mississippi Mud Pie and Kentucky Bourbon are both delicious. The Kentucky Bourbon even comes with a julep sorbet. You might not think you have room for anymore food, but make it! You need to have their desserts. In addition to the food being absolutely divine, the staff was friendly and helpful. The bartender made excellent recommendations, and the waitresses were quick to help.

1  Thank Meghan K
Reviewed October 15, 2013

This restaurant could compete with the "big dogs" in a larger city. Unbelievable!
Went there on a recommendation from a co-worker. Glad we did.
The restaurant fits in so well with the ambience of the area when we pulled up. A very warm, cozy remodeled old building without losing the character of the original.
The menu was Southern eclectic. One of the salad choices were cornbread salad. Described as dressing soaked cornbread served on fried green tomatoes. Wish I would have tired it. The menu had a wonderful variety of Southern-themed dishes as well as beef choices.
I had the Shrimp and Grits. The grits were wonderfully flavored with cheese. The shrimp was covered with tomato and bacon. So delicious.
My co-worker had the jambalaya. He said it was phenomenal.
Servers were friendly and attentive.
Our only disappointment was that we couldn't come back the next night.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very cool place for the 30ish crowd. Full bar and great seafood and steaks. Highly recommended. The guy that owns this always owns Russell's Beef House, on highway 72. Their steaks are better than the ones I have paid $50 for at Folk's Folly in Memphis.

1  Thank Lenny B

Been to Smith? Share your experiences!