“A great place to start”

Corinth Civil War Interpretive Center
Ranked #1 of 19 things to do in Corinth
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Brand new and LOADS of interactive displays! Definitely start here if you're in the area to visit Shiloh Battlefield or Corinth, MS.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

The role of Corinth is imperative in understanding the Civil War. Being there, walking the crossroads and the local museum was great, as obviously was Shiloh itself. But this Interpretive Center was the big surprise on our trip. The quality of the video as has been referenced by other reviewers is nothing short of stellar. Moving, gripping, contextualizing, heartrendering, grounding and factual. The exhibits were very interesting, I spent far more time than I expected. At the end of your indoor tour, make a point to walk outside and absorb the water feature and sculpture outside the Center. One of the best all round museums we have had the blessing of "stumbling upon". An odd drive getting there from downtown, but once you have your bearings, no problem at all. I was there on Veterans Day and there was no entry fee whatsoever. Bonus.

Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Unspoiled look at the civil war events in the Corinth area.
Better than the Shiloh center but Shiloh park is great.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We were on our way to visit the Shiloh Battlefield from Starkville, MS and decided to make the detour to see what the Center had to offer. The facility is well kept and all the exhibits are worthy of seeing. The short video is packed with good information and the information here only added to the enjoyment of our Shiloh visit. The fountain/water feature behind the building should not be missed.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I was driving from Huntsville AL to Memphis Tennessee, and with some time to spare, stopped by the Center. It was a dreary, rainy day, and I had the place pretty much to myself. I'm not particularly knowledgeable about the civil war, so the opportunity to learn more was well-received - I spent four hours there, poring over every exhibit in the place. Perhaps less interesting for kids, but I found it well worthwhile. Also of interest in the city is the park dedicated to the contraband camps - a number of bronze sculptures in a wooded settting, celebrating the transition of newly-freed slaves to citizenship. Definitely worthwhile. The various sites of battles around town, not so much. What might mean a great deal to a serious student of the war was just a grassy hill to me. But the interpretive center, that was well worth the time I spent there.

1  Thank larry5b6