“Civil War Interpretative”

22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Civil War Interpretative”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

This place is a must see as it brings to life the rigors and realities of that most awful war. We really spent time studying each area. I believe I never completely understood what really happened, what the soldiers and civilians experienced, or how much our country changed because of that conflict. This Center really brings the past into focus. Plus, I'd never before heard of Corinth!!

Visited July 2013

Iola, Kansas
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Very Good Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

Through Corinth 17 years ago and the center was not there at the time. The interpretive center is adjacent to Battery Robinett and a very good place to visit to learn not only about Corinth's involvement in the Civil War but also the Contraband Camp and plight of the freedmen in and around Corinth. My kids all earned their Junior Ranger badges here as well.

Visited July 2013
Mobile, Alabama
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“A day of learning and understanding for my grandson and I”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

On a visit to see my grandson in Muscle Shoals, I planned a "day trip" for he and I to Corinth, MS to visit the Civil War Interpretive Center. He is 10 years old and far to involved in the "video culture" with iPads, iPods, iPhones, Wi, and all of the violent "games" that today's parents use as their excuses or tools for being lazy parents.
I am proud to say that this young boy had a wonderful day with his Poppa and didn't once complain that he didn't have access to his "electronic" baby sitters. I entered him in the Junior Ranger Program and he had to work that day in a Junior Ranger Book to "earn" his Badge as a Junior Ranger. He is very proud of it. He worked for it and he also learned a new appreciation of what this great country of ours had to go through to make us whole again. When he goes back to school this fall, when it's time to tell "what he did last summer", he will definitely have something of substance to share.
I thank the good rangers of this center for doing a great job.

Visited June 2013
Summerville, South Carolina
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“very informative”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Very good video presentation and well laid out display panels. Learned a lot about the background of the battles of Corinth and Shiloh

Visited May 2013
Jackson, Tennessee
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Really In Need Of More Civil War Artifacts”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

I can't say I'd travel to Corinth just for this, but if you're there, it's worth a visit. The exhibits are well done and provide good maps of the military campaigns, but I felt that what was missing was more artifacts from the Civil War era. It would be a good educational experience for kids.

Visited June 2013