“Disgusting”
Review of Days Inn Columbus

Days Inn Columbus
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Outside looked gray lobby area looked great check in clerk very friendly priced in the middle of what the area motels were priced so we took it. Shame on you days inn worst days inn we have ever stayed in. The door you could see day light through, dead crickets in the corners the toilet was so lose it wobblied -yes wobblied. In the morning there were live crickets in the room. The carpet was stained the table and dresser had been wiped off but the smears looked like they were sticky. When I went to check out Joann wrote down the comments about the room and offered ten dollars off-road when I asked her to come see the room she declined.see asked what bugs were in the room she said were they crickets. Hummmmm...... wonder how she knew that.. toilet was no surprise either. I told her she could keep the ten dollars that I will have my credit card company dispute it. Joann final comment to me was so you slept in the room and now you don't want to pay for it. Days inn in Columbus wake up the travelers will not tolerate disgusting rooms we will tell others about poor disgusting hotels. I have pictures to support all of the conditions I have listed in this review. Advise to travelers there are several other hotels in the area which are very nice for 15-20 dollars more who appreciate you as a visitor. SHAME ON YOU DAYS INN COLUMBUS MS

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank sendmeanywhere
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Columbus

Reviewed September 27, 2011

The Day's Inn in Columbus is a great location for construction crews and those who want the basic hotel for the night. As a family traveling with an elderly person,we did not like the atmosphere and the clerk was rude to my sister when asked why we did not get to have a room near our 86 year old mother, when we had requested that. The rooms were decent and clean. We had trouble with the locks on Mom's door and the clerk had to come rescue her at one point. The phones did not work . The construction crew was smoking outside Mom's door in a no smoking zone. It was loud when the trucks left in the morning. The beds, however, were comfortable and clean and the bathroom was fine. The breakfast was sufficient, even had fruit.

All in all, it was okay for one night. I would not stay here more than one night. Get a better hotel in Columbus if there for long. Go across the street.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 18, 2009

It was easy to get to and that's all I'll give it.
There were old pizza boxes when we came in, even though we had to wait to check in while the maids cleaned. We had about 6 lights and only 3 bulbs. The water was off for the first 8 hours of our stay. The AC/heat made loud banging noises all night. The beds were so stiff, I felt as if I was sleeping on the hood of my car (the floor was more comfortable) and the "amenities" did not include a pen or paper, wash cloths, or the promised internet. The "breakfast" was catered by Wal-mart: cold cereal, Nutrigrain bars and stale coffee.
I wasn't expecting the Peabody, but I was expecting better than this. Next time I'll stay across the street at the Holiday Inn, it must be better.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank mara_annie
Reviewed May 13, 2008

The room size and amenities were good. The bed was a little stiff but comfortable. The Shower was the problem for me. There were places that needed to be scrub to rid it of mildew. I went down to Walgreens and purchased shower shoes.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 16, 2008

We stayed one night in this Days Inn - our room was furnished well, was a decent size and was clean. It included a mini fridge and microwave. The hotel grounds and common areas were generally clean and well kept. The continental breakfast had the usual offerings and included some fresh fruit and bagels.

The only major downside to our stay was the noise! It is right next to the major highway in Columbus, so there was road noise all night. Also, the people who checked in after midnight next to us were loud and obnoxious late into the night and the walls seemed paper thin.

Overall we had a good stay at a decent price.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2007

This Days Inn is clean, modern, has charm, great staff, great rates. Business class is excellent. I highly recommend this Days Inn. Good Days Inns are few and far between. One extraordinary difference...... they did not overuse air freshener. My room had a slight pine smell that was not cheap or offensive. Every extra step seems to be in place to assure satisfaction. I liked the bottle of water, the nutrition bar, ergonomic office chair etc. This is NOT my normal experience.

Some comparable hotels for twice the price arent as good. I will be back! Great food at Ryans Restaurant next door also. This place understands what I need.

• Stayed: November 2007