“Wonderful experience”

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Columbus
Rosepine, Louisiana, United States
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

The staff was polite, helpful and took care of all our needs. We requested a first floor room with parking nearby and the young gentleman made every effort to make sure we were please with our room. The rooms were nice and clean. I would definitely recommend this place to friends. H. Keel and L. Perkins.

Room Tip: No restaurant, but a really good hot breakfast included in your stay.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Cindy P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your positive review.

We are committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit.

Cindy Putnam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Scott, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We were in Columbus for my brother's funeral. I had called ahead and made a reservation for a room for 3 days. I asked the young man on the phone about the pet policy, and he replied they were "pet friendly" and it wouldnt be a problem. Due to the unexpected nature of our trip to Columbus, we couldnt find a pet sitter on such short notice. I also asked for a first floor king size handicap accessible room and was told it wouldnt be a problem. When we got to Columbus, all that was left was a double on the second floor, no elevator. The clerk said they could put us in a first floor king the next day and he would notify the manager upon the shift change. Long story short..the manager knew nothing about it, and also charged us 25 dollars for the small cocker spaniels we had with us for the first night, and another 25 when we finally did get into the king size room the next day. At no time were we told of the pet charge in my initial phone call to make the reservation. The manager said I "should have been told" about the charge. I wasnt. I was charged the pet fee twice because we had 2 different rooms. It wasnt our doing with having our reservation not being as we told it would be. They also did not honor the AAA or AARP or retired military discount we have as I told them up front when I made the reservation. I didnt find this out until we checked out and got the receipt. The manager wasnt in at that time and the very nice young lady at the desk wasnt authorized to override the charges on the bill.
Other than the above issues, the hotel was nice for the time we were there. The parking area was clogged due to a fishing tournament and local graduations taking place in the area. Other than that, the rooms were clean, the breakfast was decent, and personnel very pleasant and concerned with my family's loss. I would stay there again, but only if I knew all the information provided was distinct and clear, and there was communication between the staff as it should be.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Mick H
Denver
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed here last year and returned due to our positive experience. The rooms are showing a little more wear and tear than I remembered ... but a year has passed. But the service continues to be over the top. Every employee is terrific ... front desk, breakfast attendants, housekeepers. It is so spotless that you cannot even find a cigarette butt in the parking lot.

Popcorn and cookies at check in are another plus. And, by the way, the price is right.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are small and dark. Old building with rooms opening outside. Bathroom needs some work. The breakfast was ok but lady in charge was so nice and on top of it...clean breakfast area. Maid was very nice and gave us everything we needed.

• Stayed January 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

I was in Columbus,MS area for business for two weeks. Very clean, very safe, good hot breakfast and neither the sink or tub retained water.

Good desk to work at with plenty of plug-ins. Small fridge with working small freezer and good microwave.

Bed was clean and comfortable with plenty of pillows. Extra sitting chair and hassock to sit in to watch flat screen TV.

Staff was very friendly from front desk to housekeeping to breakfast staff. I had to stay over Christmas and staff was very cordial.

I would highly recommend and I think this place rivals the Holiday Inn next door.

• Stayed December 2012
Spokane
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights when we first got to Columbus. The staff was super friendly and offered free smacks at night after 5 pm. The compimentary, continental breakfast was better than I've seen at other, more upscale hotels. It had pastries, muffins, toast, eggs, sausage, coffee, juice, cereal, boiled eggs, and yogurt.
Very clean and comfortable and the prices were nice. Would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

I came into town for a program at Mississippi State and it was game weekend...most people want you to book 2 days at outrageous prices, but I found the Best kept Secret..Quality Inn Columbus, which is about 20 minutes from the college. Customer service was great and the rooms are nice

• Stayed October 2012