“5 star food for 3 star prices!!!”
Review of J. Broussards

J. Broussards
Ranked #10 of 107 Restaurants in Columbus
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I ate here on the recommendation of a friend and were not disappointed one bit. The place is on 5th st south, on Main Street right by the princess theater. We walked in at 530 PM on friday night right when the dining area opens and were seated immediately. It was empty then, but filled up while we ate.
We got the BBQ shrimp appetizer, which was amazing. They even brought out bread after we finished the shrimp so we could dip. My wife ordered the grouper special while I had the creole glazed pork chop. We finished with the caramel chocolate molten cake with ice cream. It was all delicious.
The portions are somewhat generous and service very friendly and attentive. Definitely recommend if you're in Columbus. Appetizers are about $9-$12, maint plates are $20-30. Excellent atmosphere.
My wife wore a dress while I wore dress shorts and collared shirt, and we didn't feel over or under dressed.

1  Thank J1_C1

Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I ate here for our anniversary. My husband chose the steak, which was fantastic and I chose the shrimp and grits. My meal was good, but I wasn't a big fan of the jelly glaze on the shrimp. It was sweeter than I would have preferred. The setting is very nice and the service was excellent.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Was looking forward to the Cajun Shrimp Toast BUT the bar crowd ordered the last ones available! Never fear, there are other tasty options - the Gumbo was a pleaser along with the crostini of the day. The Veal Jacob had an incredible cream sauce and was quite tender. We were told that a five layer fresh strawberry cake had just been iced so that definitely met up to our expectations - delish!! Good overall experience while eating in Columbus!

1  Thank TataResa
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is a very nice restaurant with a Cajun twist to a very full menu..The wait staff were pleasant, friendly, and well dressed.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

It was a nice experience overall; given a choice, I would rate it 4.5 stars.... above very good, but just below excellent. I really liked the atmosphere; it was quiet and the background music was pleasant. The walls were a little bare, though; they could do with a few more nice artworks.

The food was very good, but it should be for the price. I don't think it is quite as good as Harvey's in Columbus (and not as good a value either), but Broussard's has some more creative offerings. The service was outstanding. I will most likely go back.

1  Thank Cruiser9901