“mmmm....french onion soup”

Ranked #10 of 103 Restaurants in Columbus
columbus, MS
“mmmm....french onion soup”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

there are so many things to love about this place, everytime I eat here I find a new thing to love. Be sure to try the shrimp creole, the creole glazed pork chop, and the french onion soup.

Visited December 2012

Germantown, Tennessee
“Tasty meal in a charming restaurant”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Met friends here prior to a football game. Did not know about the restaurant beforehand and was pleasantly surprised. While the choices were typical for a New Orleans style restaurant, the dishes were very tasty and well proportioned. I had the shrimp and grits. While I'm not a grits fan these were cooked perfectly.My wife had the Shrimp Borgonion (sp?) which she enjoyed very much. If I had to ding them on anything it was the waitress. While she worked hard and was attentive, she didn't seem to have too much experience waiting tables and lacked alot of confidence about the menu. Nevertheless, I look forward to coming back.

• Visited November 2012
“Best place in area for special dinners”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We live in Starkville, but J. Broussards is our favorite restaurant for special occasions. You will be greeted by Mary--the owner of the restaurant (with her daughter). We always order the shrimp toast as an appetizer. Their wine selection is small but good and the service is always great. My favorite entree is the veal medallions. This is almost the only place in our area that serves veal and it is always good. The steaks are also very good. I like to finish my meal with their creme brûlée--not too sweet and not too much.

• Visited October 2012
Starkville, Mississippi
“Awesome!”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

This place is amazing!! Wonderful food, nothing more to say! The food was brought out in a very timely manner and our host was very friendly.

Visited March 2012
Columbus, Mississippi
“The very best fine dining in Columbus Ms.”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Well everything is cooked to profection and you can tell a love goes into the food. Seems as Beth has a nack for bringing out the best flavors in the food. Also she only uses the finest ingredients and the veggies she goes the extra mile and trys to get them local. It really just doesnt get any better than that....

Visited April 2012