“Columbus MS's Best Kept Secret”
Review of Tandoori Oven - CLOSED

Tandoori Oven
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

AMAZING food and FANTASTIC service. This was my brother and I's first time trying Indian food, and I honestly could not have asked for a better experience. I had the Lamb Kaddhai, and my brother had a type of fish curry; we were both beyond satisfied with the food and service. When you are being seated, ask for Charlie. She does a phenomenal job, and will take very good care of you. 10 out of 10 for sure!

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Surprising Indian cuisine in small town. Nice variety of chicken and vegetarian dishes. The Southern twist -- a black eyed pea dish a corn offering a cabbage side each with a different Indian spiced sauce. Of course hot bread delivered to the table
Tasteful simple elegance dining decor
Friendly prompt service attentive but not overbearing

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I went there with friends. I ordered a vodka drink with grapefruit juice. When I got the drink it had cranberry juice. When I questioned the waitress she said the bartender did not have any grapefruit juice so they took it upon themselves to substitute it. I told her to take it back.
When I ordered my food I thought I would keep it simple so I ordered a curry. I never got it. I guess my altercation over the drink put a sour taste in the waitress mouth. All my friends food finally came. But, the waitress did not get any of the orders to the right person. My friends did complain about the chicken not being done and the shrimp dish was not appetizing. When I confronted the waitress about my order she looked confused. Since everyone was already eating I told her to forget it since I did not want to eat while everyone else was finished.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Let me first disclose that I am NOT from India, and so my evaluation of the food here is not based on how 'authentic' it is, or how closely it matches some expectation I already have of what these dishes are 'supposed to' taste like. Having said that, my pre-conceived idea of what Indian food was included really hot pureed food with a strong flavor of cumin and turmeric. What I found, however, was tantalizingly well-balanced heat with complex flavors, aromas and textures.

The lunch buffet had 6 different relishes, several vegetable curries, ad several chicken-based 'stews'. Forgive my not remembering the food names... I was so involved in the enjoyment that I did not pay attantion to the names. One Indian food I have had a lot of is palaak paneer, and theirs was by far the best I had ever had. The Naan was outstanding and the homemade mango ice cream and cardamon rice pudding was a nice way to end the meal.

The staff was very helpful and pleasant, and the place was immaculately clean. I strongly recommend this restaurant and will certainly make it a regular on my lunch rotation.

2  Thank JerryLavoie
Reviewed March 14, 2014

It is so nice to finally have an Indian restaurant here in Columbus! The naan was really good and the vegetable Korma is also really good if you don't like spicy. The food is authentic and tastes like other good Indian restaurants I've been to. The manager is really friendly and wants to please the customers; he comes by often to check how we like things. All in all, a very good restaurant and the lunch buffet is worth trying.

1  Thank bullock-becca