“Thoroughly pleased. I was very happy with my lunch experience.”
Review of Little Tokyo

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Little Tokyo
Ranked #33 of 103 Restaurants in Columbus
Columbus, Mississippi
“Thoroughly pleased. I was very happy with my lunch experience.”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

This restaurant was recently renamed the Samurai Japenese Steakhouse and Hibachi, but it is evidently still run by the same people as before. We started out with a tuna roll to share, and it was fabulous. The wasabi was intense and the ginger was very fresh, and they had both regular and low-sodium soy sauce, which for me is a real plus. We both got a bento box, and they were attractive, interesting, plentiful and flavorful. I had the shrimp and tempura vegetables bento, and the other was the chicken katso bento. The sauces were terrific, and all the food was a joy to eat. The service was excellent, which surprised me, because this place used to have a reputation for being very slow...thats was definately not the case today; we were in and out in a reasonable amount of time for lunch.

• Visited April 2014

Hollidaysburg, Pennsylvania
“Consistently the best sushi in town”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I have tried sushi from every restaurant in this small town, and Little Tokyo makes the best and has the best customer service. I have eaten inside, but typically order to pick up. It always is ready on time and they always comp me a bowl of hot miso. The sushi is always fresh and is much better than what I have had from Umi's. And it's prices are more reasonable than Umi's.

• Visited January 2014
Mississippi
“Love the lunch menu!”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Little Tokyo will soon change names, according to the waitress I had.

This--to me---is the best sushi around.
The lunch menu has your choice of 2 rolls, and soup or salad, and drink. The rolls are large, but not dinner size. It's enough that I can't finish it all.
Service is great. The temperature inside can be a little off (too cold in the winter, too warm in the summer), and they are never too crowded.

This restaurant is the best kept secret in town!

• Visited December 2013