“Eating bad in the hood with John Williams”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #59 of 107 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Nothing good to say about this place and I live here in Columbus, MS. First off the quality of the food and the preparation is horrible. My wife even told me not to go there but I believe in giving second chances. Hate to say it but over the past 10 years Ive been going to this location Ive given it 8 or 9 chances and it does nothing but get worse. When the food was delivered to the table we had to wait on my sons food to come out 10 minutes later. We ordered simple things like Salads and Burgers. My wife sent her salad back due to the chicken being dried out and cold and when I mean dry we are talking dry as beef jerky. The ground beef they used on the hamburgers was horrible. I'm not sure if Applebees's has went to making there own hamburger patty's but if they have they need to train there cook and prep staff on the proper way to cook them. There seems to be a lack of manager skills in there. The manager did offer to replace my wife's salad but he seem not to care on what the overall problem was. The servers seemed to hangout at the hostess station and talk while pulling out there phones over and over with the manager John Williams in plain sight. It takes alot for me to be offended but this place is in dire need of attention of Applebee's home office.

There are newer reviews for Applebee's

Reviewed April 7, 2011

I enjoy Applebee's as most of them are fun to be in and the food is what I've come to expect from a chain restaurant. This one though was pretty bad. Food was not even close to as good as any of the other Applebee's I've been in and the service was marginal at best. If you are in Columbus, Mississippi, skip this and head about two miles downtown and hit Harvey's, a much better choice for the same price.

Reviewed September 19, 2010

Service is okay. Nothing exceptional. The food was not good. This is the kind of place that if you have leftovers, you don't want to take them home. Would not recommend.

Reviewed July 25, 2010

Nothing very good to say and nothing terrible. Just another TGIF, Ruby Tuesday, etc., etc. genre. At least you won't get food poisoning.

Reviewed August 31, 2009

We visit Columbus a lot and are trying all of the restaurants (eventually). The food here was awful - tilapia was charred to oblivion, service was slow, not the cleanest of places either.