“Awesome!”

Ramada Columbus Highway 45
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Columbus

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Big Timber, Montana
Reviewed March 8, 2014

For the past 5 years I had job assignments ranging in duration from 5 days to 3 weeks in Columbus MS. I've stayed in this hotel (formerly a Holiday Inn) each time. Each time the room has been large, clean and comfortable. This year, renovations are freshening the appearance of the rooms. The new carpet is an improvement. My room was spotlessly clean when I checked in and maintained that way each day for 2 weeks. It was in a very quiet location at the end of a hall. The only nuisance was the wireless internet, which was a little weak The keyless locks on the facility's exterior doors are now working. The public laundry room was clean and had 2 washers & 2 dryers. Check in was quick. Check out was not so quick because the billing system was upgraded while I was there & I didn't receive an accurate invoice. That probably won't happen in the future. As other reviewers pointed out, the central location is convenient.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Kim K, General Manager at Ramada Columbus Highway 45, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear mtinnkeeper,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback. I am happy to hear that you are a long time guest of the hotel and that you are finding the changes to be good ones. I do apologize for any inconvenience that was caused during the upgrading of our reservation system. If you give us a call we would be happy to send you an accurrate bill now that the changeover is complete. Please know that you are always welcome here and we look forward to your next visit.
Memphis, Texas
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Check in and check out was a breeze. The room was very quiet, comfortable and the staff was very friendly and helpful during my stay. Easy to get to and several restaurants nearby. There is also a mall nearby for those who love to shop.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Kim K, General Manager at Ramada Columbus Highway 45, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Dear Madeinar,

Thank you for staying with us and I appreciate you sharing your comments. I am happy to know that our staff was courteous and helpful, and that you found our location to be just what you needed. I hope that if you are in Columbus in the future that you stay with us again. You are always welcome.
Cordova, Tennessee
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We had reservations for a Saturday night stay for the MS State/Alabama game. We arrived at the hotel after 3 in order to check-in before the game. A "special group" was there (also known as the Alabama football team). All of the parking to the hotel was blocked off as well as most of lobby area. The only place not blocked was to the counter. We were told we could not check-in due to the "special group" and they couldn't tell us when we could check-in. (We are not stupid, the Bama football team was lounging in the lobby.) The person working the desk said she called those staying at the hotel to say there would be late check-ins, which was untrue since we did not get a call. She did not seem to show any concern at the inconvenience. We had driven out of the way in order to check-in before we went to the game. To make matters worse, I needed to use the restroom and was escorted to the public bathroom like a child. We cancelled our reservation and will not ever stay at this hotel.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Kim K, General Manager at Ramada Columbus Highway 45, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Sgwin,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with regards to your experience at our hotel. I truly apologize for what you encountered and if our actions made you feel unwelcome. I assure you that this is not how we want our guests to feel and we are evaluating the experiences during a football weekend. Our goal is to learn from this season and to eliminate any possible inconveniences. I would be happy to discuss this with you further if you would like, as I truly believe in our hotel and our Team. You are welcome to contact our hotel at your convenience and ask for me. I do hope you give us another opportunity to serve you, as I know we can provide you with a different experience.

Travelers are raving about these Columbus hotels

Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel at least three times and each time is worst than the previous. I am a native of Columbus and remember when this hotel was built. It was originally a Hilton, we were very impressed. It has since changed names at least four times. I come home to visit every thanksgiving, and I prefer to stay in hotels where my room doesn't open to the outside. There are few of these in Columbus so my choices are limited. This stay was very noisy at night and service was next to non-existent. The hotel has just changed hands yet again, and I think they are trying to upgrade. This is all well and good, just inform the guest that there may be inconveniences. There are few outlets in the rooms and it make charging things next to impossible. My suggestion is to close it down for a few months and then reopen. That way everyone will be happy and there will be very few negative reviews. Until the upgrades are done, I definitely cannot recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room not so close to the elevator.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Nursekimberly89,

Thank you for staying with us and for you sharing your feedback. I regret that your experience during your visit was not an excellent one. You certainly have seen this hotel change names and ownership at various times throughout it's long history. I am happy to say that we are excited about becoming a Ramada and the great improvements that this is bringing. I appreciate your thoughts with regards to the renovation, and I will look into our communciation during its schedule. I assure you our plans are not to have it take an extensive period of time. As you visit Columbus often, I do hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in town, as I know that with another opportunity we can provide you with a more enjoyable stay.
Selma, Alabama, United States
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I stayed here for the Eudora Welty Writers Symposium. The staff was helpful, friendly and made one feel at home. The room was very clean and comfortable. The price was less than I expected to pay for comparable accommodations. This will be the place I choose for my next trip to Columbus,

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Kim K, General Manager at Ramada Columbus Highway 45, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your great comments about the hotel and staff. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us, and I will certainly share your thoughts with everyone here. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you travel through Columbus.