“Poor Customer Service”

Ramada Columbus Highway 45
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We had reservations for a Saturday night stay for the MS State/Alabama game. We arrived at the hotel after 3 in order to check-in before the game. A "special group" was there (also known as the Alabama football team). All of the parking to the hotel was blocked off as well as most of lobby area. The only place not blocked was to the counter. We were told we could not check-in due to the "special group" and they couldn't tell us when we could check-in. (We are not stupid, the Bama football team was lounging in the lobby.) The person working the desk said she called those staying at the hotel to say there would be late check-ins, which was untrue since we did not get a call. She did not seem to show any concern at the inconvenience. We had driven out of the way in order to check-in before we went to the game. To make matters worse, I needed to use the restroom and was escorted to the public bathroom like a child. We cancelled our reservation and will not ever stay at this hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Kim K, General Manager at Ramada Columbus Highway 45, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear Sgwin,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with regards to your experience at our hotel. I truly apologize for what you encountered and if our actions made you feel unwelcome. I assure you that this is not how we want our guests to feel and we are evaluating the experiences during a football weekend. Our goal is to learn from this season and to eliminate any possible inconveniences. I would be happy to discuss this with you further if you would like, as I truly believe in our hotel and our Team. You are welcome to contact our hotel at your convenience and ask for me. I do hope you give us another opportunity to serve you, as I know we can provide you with a different experience.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel at least three times and each time is worst than the previous. I am a native of Columbus and remember when this hotel was built. It was originally a Hilton, we were very impressed. It has since changed names at least four times. I come home to visit every thanksgiving, and I prefer to stay in hotels where my room doesn't open to the outside. There are few of these in Columbus so my choices are limited. This stay was very noisy at night and service was next to non-existent. The hotel has just changed hands yet again, and I think they are trying to upgrade. This is all well and good, just inform the guest that there may be inconveniences. There are few outlets in the rooms and it make charging things next to impossible. My suggestion is to close it down for a few months and then reopen. That way everyone will be happy and there will be very few negative reviews. Until the upgrades are done, I definitely cannot recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room not so close to the elevator.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Nursekimberly89,

Thank you for staying with us and for you sharing your feedback. I regret that your experience during your visit was not an excellent one. You certainly have seen this hotel change names and ownership at various times throughout it's long history. I am happy to say that we are excited about becoming a Ramada and the great improvements that this is bringing. I appreciate your thoughts with regards to the renovation, and I will look into our communciation during its schedule. I assure you our plans are not to have it take an extensive period of time. As you visit Columbus often, I do hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in town, as I know that with another opportunity we can provide you with a more enjoyable stay.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I stayed here for the Eudora Welty Writers Symposium. The staff was helpful, friendly and made one feel at home. The room was very clean and comfortable. The price was less than I expected to pay for comparable accommodations. This will be the place I choose for my next trip to Columbus,

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Kim K, General Manager at Ramada Columbus Highway 45, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Thank you so much for your great comments about the hotel and staff. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us, and I will certainly share your thoughts with everyone here. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you travel through Columbus.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed here after a Mississippi State football game. The hotel lobby was very clean and the staff was extremely courteous. The room was very clean and the beds were extremely comfortable. We loved the big screen TV in the room. It is conveniently located close by to many great local restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our hotel and I am happy that you enjoyed your stay. Our staff prides themselves in providing a comfortable, clean, and courteous experience for all of our guests. We hope to have the opportunity to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here when passing through going to a football game and it was nice , clean, and a very good value. I was a little hesitant to stay here because of the low price of $59 but I was pleasantly surprised! I'm pretty picky about where I stay. I recommend this hotel

• Stayed: September 2013

We appreciate hearing from you and knowing that we exceeded your expectations. I am proud to know that our staff and hotel helped to make your visit to the Columbus area a great experience. Please know that you are always welcome here and that we look forward to your next stay.