“Great Steak!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Huck's Place

Huck's Place
Ranked #3 of 103 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: downtown columbus
Savannah, Georgia
“Great Steak!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

On a recommendation from my coworkers, I ordered a steak (fillet, to be precise) and it was seasoned deliciously, cooked perfectly and reasonably priced for a great cut of meat. The service is friendly. They made our big group of out-of-town visitors feel like locals. The atmosphere is casual and very unique with a lot of character, but also clean and well organized. There are plenty of seating areas, ranging from louder bar area to quieter mezzanine and a completely closed off event space. The side dishes are pretty southern and filling. After my third visit, I have yet to try anything but the fillet (it’s too good and I don’t want to miss it), but several of the other dishes--from catfish to fried chicken and burgers--have nearly tempted me to change my order. This is a must stop each time we are in town.

• Visited September 2013

Jonesboro, AR
“Glad We Went!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

I researched restaurants before we went to Columbus and was still unsure of my choices. We dined at Huck's Place the first night and all four of us were pleasantly surprised with the quality of the service and the food itself. Our server recommended a couple of appetizers that we shared--very good. I ordered the shrimp and grits and enjoyed it very much. My husband and our friends also liked their food and all of us left very satisfied. Our server was very attentive. Definitely recommend!

Visited August 2013
Barnesville, Minnesota
“Visit Huck's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Really liked the atmosphere and the shrimp bisque was very good. Would go back there again if I lived closer.

• Visited July 2013
Novi, Michigan
“Southern menu but great steaks!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Visited this restaraunt for the first time with a party of eight on a recent business trip.
Had the Redfish and it was delicious. It was served with a sauce including crawfish and was thoroughly enjoyable.
Had a few bites of the Ribeye and it was very good also.
Great atmosphere.
Our server showed the best in southern hospitality and was extremely helpful and friendly.
Good variety of southern (cajun) food.
The bread pudding for dessert also was an excellent choice. It was delicious!

• Visited July 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
“Great Food, a tiny bit pricey”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

The food here is excellent. I had crawfish etoufée and it was really good. We had to wait 40 minutes for a table (I consider that a good sign) so we waited in the bar downstairs. The hostess came down and told us when our table was ready and gave us time to cash out. The atmosphere was excellent, the food was a tiny bit pricey, but the portions are pretty big, so I'm really just nit picking. I highly recommend the place.

• Visited August 2013