“Disappointed”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
COLUMBUS
“Disappointed”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I live near this restaurant, but only go to it rarely because I just have not had many good experiences. The steaks are ok, but nothing fantastic. The restaurant changed hands so I thought I would give it a try. I ate at the bar because I was alone. They have a very limited wine selection on the menu. The bartender showed me a wine rack and admitted that she had no idea what was in it. I thought that was odd. I really didn't want a steak so I tried the Blackened Grouper. I ordered it with rice. The meal came with a salad that was the typical iceberg salad with tomatoes drowned in cheese. The Grouper was rather salty, but edible. But, the rice was horrible. I made a comment to the bartender and she admitted that it was "boil in a bag". I had an after dinner drink, but after drinking about a half of it a group of people came up to the bar and started smoking. They at first didn't have ash trays, but the bartender brought some for them from behind the bar. I had thought the restaurant was smoke free as most are now in Columbus. I am not a smoker and prefer not being a round it so I immediately moved away from the bar and asked for my check. I wish I could say that this experience was good, but it was not. The only good thing about it was that the bartender was friendly and helpful.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank COL39701

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“Great Dinner”
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Wow what a wonderful steak. Prepared just to perfection. The food was prepared perfectly and just as ordered. The dining environment is perfect for a family or business and the waiters are very courteous The only negative thing one can say is the drive but it is worth every minute to get there so if you find yourself in Columbus MS then this is a great place to eat.

Columbus, Mississippi
“Excellent steak.”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Great steaks and a great variety of cuts available. Ribeyes are thick and generous. T-Bone is also good and the filet (if you can afford it) may be one of the best. As I alluded to, it can be pricey. The location is also very out of the way. It is halfway between Columbus and Starkville next to the Golden Triangle Airport.

Starkville, Mississippi
“Great Steaks!”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I have been treating myself to a great steak every so often and when I do, I go to the Golden Horn, even though it is a 12 mile drive. It is not a white linen restaurant, but the environment is exactly as it should be with wood fired grills and a cozy bar. The steaks are fabulous, and some larger than you can eat...LOVE IT!

Visited November 2012
Starkville, MS
“many better steakhouses in the area”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Disappointing, but others like it. I'd say it was only average. You can get better steaks at Cappe's. No top dedicated steak houses in Starkville.

1 Thank MISProfessor