“"Awesome GM & hotel staff"”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Columbus
Woodstock, Georgia, United States
“"Awesome GM & hotel staff"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

The Marriott Fairfield Inn & Suites in Columbus, Mississippi has the best and very professional staff members full circle that I that an individual could ask for. During the weekend of November 16-17, 2013 I was in need of a room for one night so I could attend my grandmother’s funeral on that Saturday. I could not find any cheap rates and or any rooms for the weekend due to the Mississippi State /Alabama football game. I finally decided to contact a manager at the Fairfield Inn for any available rooms despite the higher room rates associated with the big football game that weekend. I had the pleasure of speaking with the General Manager Ms. Holly Giles about my circumstances and why I was requesting a room for the weekend. Ms. Giles researched my Marriott rewards account information and noticed that I’m an avid customer and that I had recently stayed at the hotel a few weeks prior. I explained to Ms. Giles that I could not afford to pay the higher rates and that I was only coming into town for one night to attend my grandmother’s funeral. I suggested to Ms. Giles that I could provide an obituary as proof that I was being honest about needing the room. Ms. Giles immediately stated to me that I didn’t need to provide an obituary to acquire a room and she sincerely shared her condolences for the loss of my grandmother on behalf of the Fairfield/Marriott family; she stated that she would provide me a room for as many nights as I needed for a discounted rate. During my time of sorrow and sadness I was appreciative for the overall support and understanding from Ms. Giles. The staff members are all awesome and have made each of my visits very memorable because of their overall professionalism.

Room Tip: Right off the main highway and several restaurants near by.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
York, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

I have stayed at the Fairfield multiple times over the summer and fall and each time was a good experiance. The staff, from the front desk to the cleaning crew are all very friendly. They always speak and never act as though you are bothering them. The rooms I stayed in were all clean and very comfortable. Even though I was just another business person I was always treated as if I was a priority guest. The hotel is in a good location near to restaurants and shopping so getting to anything you might need is only a couple of minutes away. I would have not hesitate to recommend the Fairfield to anyone staying in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the parking lot side are the quietest.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

This hotel was very clean and the lobby was beautiful. The free breakfast was great - complete with grits, eggs, and bacon. Our room was near the lobby and I worried about noise, but even during breakfast hours you couldn't hear much outside the room. The location is very good. It is between Leigh Mall and 5th Street, so there is easy access to many places to eat and shop. If you have never been to Columbus, drive up nearby 5th St to see some of the many antebellum homes in town, It's a scenic shortcut to Main Street and College Street, where you can also see the historic campus of Mississippi University for Women.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
York, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

The customer service was great! Ashley was very nice, knowledgeable, and helpful with my check-in. Everyone including the cleaning crew always spoke and welcomed me while I was there and made sure I had everything I needed. In today's climate customer service is not as valued as it use to be, but the staff at Fairfield in Columbus, Ms. have put customer service high on their list and I appreciate it. You all serve as a great example to the business world! Keep it up!

Thanks-Robert B.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

We recently had a great stay at the Fairfield Inn in Columbus, Mississippi. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We had a suite and a single room. Both were very clean and nicely decorated. From the front desk staff to the cleaning staff everyone was warm and caring. The breakfast was outstanding with many choices. There is a major highway on the north side of the hotel, but once the curtains were closed we slept like babies.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Jackson, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

Business trip could not have been better with the great people at the Fairfield Inn, Columbus, Ms. The hotel is relatively new and is well maintained. The free breakfast is one of the most complete I have experienced at a Fairfield Inn. Easy access to the main Highway.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the Highway if you are a light sleeper as 18 wheelers may cause you to wak...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank wheels13
JJCA99
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

My family stayed here for 2 nights (a Friday and Saturday).

The room was very clean, the breakfast was great and the staff was accommodating. I'd definitely stay here again.

My only suggestion would be to lower the lobby music volume after midnight. We could hear it in our first floor room.

Stayed October 2013