“Remodeling not an issue- very restful stay”

Hampton Inn Jackson Clinton
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Clinton
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“Remodeling not an issue- very restful stay”
Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

I did not know the hotel was being remodeled, I do not recall seeing it on website when booking. I had a very clean room and it was very quiet. The breakfast was very good and the staff was great- asked for a later checkout and very accommodating. If coming from Jackson side it is very difficult to turn left into the hotel off the exit-so when traffic is heavy be prepared to drive up further so you can turn left and head back towards hotel.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Was given a dirty room after having made the reservation a month earlier. All other rooms gone, dirty towels, used soap, hair in tub, spills on floor, and ants roaming the counter. Internet connection not work, and 'toy' phone in room that lifts up with cord when you try to use it. Po-dunk all around.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton2010, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jackson Clinton, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I understand that you were not completely satisfied and do apologize for the housekeeping problems you experienced. Unclean rooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards and that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay. I sincerely apologize and assure you that your experience does not reflect the level of standards we strive to provide all our guests.

Again, I sincerely apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope that next time you are in town, you give us another opportunity to provide you with the exceptional service you deserve. Thank you once again for your comments.
Biloxi, United States
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Very comfy, quick check-in, clean, slept like a baby! Construction going on in lobby, but very accommodating regardless of the dust. Missed breakfast, but from the look of it, very satisfactory looking.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Chose this stop because right off Highway 20. Was surprised to walk into the newly dry walled lobby with a tile project in process. Understand the need for remodeling but wish I could have avoided this stop until it was finished. Sounds like the guest rooms will be the next phase. Breakfast was very average served in a small conference room. Staff nice and offered us a snack or beverage on arrival. Rooms are clean but a little "tired". Will plan to stop next year and enjoy the update.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Arab, Alabama
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We had a very nice stay. It was late when we checked in. The lady at the front desk was very nice. Our room was very roomy, clean, and had comfortable beds. About 10 minutes after we checked in, the front desk called to make sure we were satisfied. We mentioned that we needed extra pillows for the sofa bed. Someone brought us two pillows within 10 minutes. The next morning when we checked out, my youngest song was sick. The lady at the front desk was very helpful in giving us directions to the nearest ER. As we were leaving, my son dropped and spilled a huge drink all over the floor in front of the front desk. The last was great about it and would not let me even help cleaning it up. The construction in the lobby is not an big inconvenience. There is plenty of room to move around to get to where you need to go. Great experience.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Granbury, TX, United States
Reviewed January 28, 2014

No notice given on-line, but hotel had no lobby due to remodeling--still charged full price. When I showered I noticed hair in my wash cloth which was on the shelf and presumably "clean." When I mentioned that the remodeling should have been mentioned to me when I booked the room, the desk attendant just looked at me and had no response. When I indicated I thought a discount was warranted, again, she just looked at me with no response.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton2010, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jackson Clinton, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
First of all, I would like to thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. I understand that you were inconvenienced by the construction that we are currently undergoing. As you could tell we are currently going through renovations and I do regret if this caused you any inconveniences. I can assure you we are doing everything we can in order to finalize our remodeling as quickly as possible. I do hope this isolated incident will not deter you from visiting us again.

Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered.
Gardendale, Alabama
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Hotel under renovation now but did not seem to inconvenience my stay. We ask for a quite room and received one. I like very much staying at Hampton Inn This visit was a good experience even though under construction.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
Comfort Inn & Suites
Days Inn Clinton
Days Inn Clinton
#7 of 9 in Clinton
Hilton Garden Inn Jackson Downtown

Been to Hampton Inn Jackson Clinton? Share your experiences!