Hampton Inn Jackson Clinton
TripAdvisor
$67
Hotels.com
$57
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleannice stayexcellent customer servicegreat place to stayno exceptioncomplimentary breakfastwould stay here againwe've stayedwafflesparking lotenjoyed my stayeasy accessconvenient locationroad tripstaff was friendlyms
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We had a very nice stay. It was late when we checked in. The lady at the front desk was very nice. Our room was very roomy, clean, and had comfortable beds. About 10 minutes after we checked in, the front desk called to make sure we were satisfied. We mentioned that we needed extra pillows for the sofa bed. Someone brought us two pillows within 10 minutes. The next morning when we checked out, my youngest song was sick. The lady at the front desk was very helpful in giving us directions to the nearest ER. As we were leaving, my son dropped and spilled a huge drink all over the floor in front of the front desk. The last was great about it and would not let me even help cleaning it up. The construction in the lobby is not an big inconvenience. There is plenty of room to move around to get to where you need to go. Great experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 28, 2014

No notice given on-line, but hotel had no lobby due to remodeling--still charged full price. When I showered I noticed hair in my wash cloth which was on the shelf and presumably "clean." When I mentioned that the remodeling should have been mentioned to me when I booked the room, the desk attendant just looked at me and had no response. When I indicated I thought a discount was warranted, again, she just looked at me with no response.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton2010, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jackson Clinton, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

First of all, I would like to thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. I understand that you were inconvenienced by the construction that we are currently undergoing. As you could tell we are currently going through renovations and I do regret if this caused you any inconveniences. I can assure you we are doing everything we can in order to finalize our remodeling as quickly as possible. I do hope this isolated incident will not deter you from visiting us again.

Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Hotel under renovation now but did not seem to inconvenience my stay. We ask for a quite room and received one. I like very much staying at Hampton Inn This visit was a good experience even though under construction.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Even though part of the hotel was under renovation, we still had a wonderful stay. The construction did present limited walking space and expected debris, which was a little inconvenient BUT we can't expect the hotel to continue to meet customer satisfaction if there is not renovation to improve it.Overall it was very clean, yummy breakfast, and great staff!

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Let me start by saying this has been our favorite place to stay when visiting family and friends in a town where I went to college and once lived for several years. As opposed to when I went to college here, there are options in where to stay. The Hampton Inn is usually, without question, a very good choice.

However, on this visit, a late arrival after a long day of driving, we found the lobby and lounge area under construction causing narrow walkways and blocking convenient access to the elevator. Close parking to the lobby was taken, so we parked on a far end and weaved our way, with our luggage, through the lobby maze to check in. Nothing online indicated construction, which I would have appreciate knowing before midnight so we could have considered a neighboring property for this visit.

In addition to the construction inconvenience, our check-in experience was the worst we have had in a long time. First, let me say that the front office person was very nice and welcoming and apologetic about the difficulties, but was limited in what she could do (or did) as far as service recovery and we never heard from the manager, who was contacted by the staff (overheard the conversation). We were given our room keys and went to our assigned room to find the keys did not work. After trying a few times, we were met at the door by a guest we had awakened that had been assigned the room previously. We felt badly on disturbing a sleeping guest. Back to front desk for another room assignment, this time a room that wreaked of cigarette smoke (we had previously initialed acknowledgement of a no smoking policy). Now we know that not everyone plays by the rules, but this was so obvious, it should have been pointed out by the housekeeping staff prior to our discovery. Back again to the front desk for our 3rd room assignment...this time a very nice and clean and smoke free and unoccupied room for our 2 nights stay. Second night, keys didn't work (kept in 2 different locations and 1 without any contact with electronic equipment)...back to front desk, and the same staff member who had assisted with our botched check-in, for reactivation. I have to admit all the troubles had taken their toll and we had to let her know of our dissatisfaction at that point.

Overall, we would still recommend this property for a stay and expect the construction and renovations to add to future appeal. We also appreciate the friendly staff and limited attempts to make things better. However, for this stay, I think we should have known in advance there was construction causing inconvenient and narrow walk areas and limiting lobby lounge areas so we could have made a more informed decision about where to stay and I think more could have been done proactively by the manager with regards to the check-in and room assignment difficulties, if only to offer a personal apology.

It is not my tendency to complain or look for problem. I usually overlook things that are bound to arise because the world is not perfect and mistakes happen. But I think I should point out these things for others who should know in advance of the construction and for an obvious good hotel to work on being even better.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Smithfamily5000
Hampton2010, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jackson Clinton, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014