“This is the "last" resort”

Quality Inn Clinton
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Clinton
Hernando, MS
“This is the "last" resort”
Reviewed November 6, 2011

There are numerous nearby competitors that I consider preferable. This motel is marginal due to lack of routine maintenance. Faucets leak, drains are extremely slow, outlets are loose from wall. Nothing of a major nature, just little stuff that irritates. Breakfast is availble but indicatitve of serious economic conservativism.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Diamondhead, MS
Reviewed October 24, 2011

The breakfast is only fair at best, not half as good as other places I have stayed. The suite was not divided from the bedroom. There was a hot tub in the corner of the bedroom. The motel needs to be updated; it was gloomy. There were no newspapers, USA or local. Pay a little more and stay in a nicer place. If you just want a place to crash and not be charged a lot then this is your place.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank NewOrleans2

Travelers are raving about these Clinton hotels

New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed October 22, 2011

I don't have Anything great to say about this hotel. Rooms were ok, clean I guess. Very old and dated. Not much of a Lobby nor breakfast. Would NOT stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Karlyforet
foxworth
Reviewed October 4, 2011

I stayed at this site for a business trip. I learned very quickly the establishment was run by Asians. I don't mean any disrespect, but for the most part, Asians have no concept of what quality is. They are all about stretching money where they can. The outside of the facility is lovely, the reception area was lovely, but the room was nasty and moldy--they have not maintained the rooms at all. The border was held up with thumb tacks. The furniture was badly damanged. Light bulbs missing from lamps. There were patched holes in the wall. There towels were overdried to the point it felt like they were dried on a clothes line. We went down for the "continental breakfast" and they had hot dog weiners cut in half lengthwise and cut in half again for "sausage." An Asian came up demanding us for our "room numba" as if we walked off the street to eat their weiners. I was charged $76 for a room that was really a $50 cheesy hotel room. I will never stay there again. I rather spend $150 at Comfort Suites next door than the so called "quality" inn with no quality. DON'T STAY HERE. You are better off at a Super 8.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank stacey p
Norman, Okla.
Reviewed August 7, 2011

My family of four stayed one night on our way to the gulf coast. We had booked the room in advance. The front desk staff were friendly and let my wife inspect several rooms and pick one. The TV instructions referenced using a second remote to access HD content on flat panel TV. We could not find this remote and when I asked at the front desk he said to simply use the TV remote which resulted in only getting poor picture quality. The breakfast was simple and lacked some things that other hotels have. All in all it was OK and probably equivalent to the price we paid ($79). The rooms and hotel show some wear and tear and it could probably use a renovation soon.

Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed July 31, 2011

We stopped here for the night on our way through to Gulf Shores, AL. We originally went to the Holiday Day Inn but there were no vacancies so we decided to check with Quality Inn. The man at the front desk was very helpful (even looked up a couple phone numbers for pizza delivery for me), and gave me a good price. The rooms were clean & included a fridge and microwave, the beds were comfortable, and when we discovered my husband had forgotten his toothbrush we called the front desk and they provided him with one. There is a pool, small workout facility, and a complimentary breakfast included. If we find ourselves this way again we will probably stay here.

The South
Reviewed July 10, 2011

I booked 2 rooms, for my mom and my children to stay with me. I requested adjoining rooms and got them. The rooms are big, fridge and microwave included. One of the bedspreads on the beds had 3 distinct holes in it, cigarette holes?? The rooms smelled pretty musty and perhaps of cigarettes. No kleenex in either room. The rooms were otherwise clean, though the carpet was worn out. This is a motel, the rooms open to the outside, we were on the second floor. We heard no road noise from the interstate but I kept the a/c running at all times. There is a complimentary breakfast - cereal, waffles, muffins, juice and coffee. It was ok. I paid $67 per night for each room, that's about what it was worth. I don't think we'll stay here again, I could've paid $20 per night more and stayed at the Comfort Inn. I think I'll do that next time I need a room in Clinton!! Or the Hampton, which was booked.....