All reviews room was clean indoor pool church group restaurants within walking distance natchez trace parkway ms elevator ihg jackson treadmill construction pros highway
Selected filters
Reviewed February 19, 2019

The below is what I attempted to post on the HEI site. It refused to accept this review because of “inappropriate language used”. Two things 1) if anyone can tell me what the inappropriate language is, I would love to know and 2) the fact that HEI would not accept a negative review tells me, and should tell you, all need to know why to quit using any HEI.

“Went down more than an hour before breakfast buffet was to close. There was no food, literally not enough to feed one person. Waited and waited, multiple people and families were waqiting too. Finally brought out a very small quantity of 2 or 3 items, not enough for everyone there. Spent an inordinate amount of time to get a very limited quantity of food that was between not very good to down right inedible. Finally got back on our trip, later than expected because of long spent waiting for a breakthat never completely appeared! First thing I did whan in car was cancel upcoming HEI reservations and replaced with Drury or Hampton. Quantity of food and lack of availability is on HEI Clinton, MS. The terrible quality of the food is directly on HEI. Cost cutting measures I expect. They will not have to worry about cost cutting us again. Right now they rank right down there with a Motel 6......a place I have never stayed and always been too afraid to try. Good going HEI, your economy measures have cost you at least one customer. I expect they have others....and you will wonder why your bottom line is falling.”

Room tip: Stay away from any of them. Go elsewhere.
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Clinton, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2019

Hi AniKinTN,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our Holiday Inn Express Clinton.

I'm delighted to know that you wake up well rested in the morning.

Starting the day right by having a variety of breakfast choices is our expertise. I'm sorry to hear that the quality of the food didn't exceed your expectations and the service is not up to your standards. This is out of the usual, and it's not the level of service that we're known for.

I shared your review with our hotel management. We take this seriously and focus on the things you've mentioned to improve our service. I also sent you a private message to talk more about this.

We hope you've come back and we'll make things right.

See you soon,
Jomar M.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed January 27, 2019

I have stayed (as well as our extended family) at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Clinton MS whenever I visit the state for probably 20 years. This year there were 2 back-to-back stays (had to return for a family funeral); December 26-30, 2018 and January 4-6, 2019.

Pros:
• Like the renovations (I like the environment before the renovations as well)
• Very spacious rooms, comfortable beds, big screen tv, remodeled bathrooms, etc.)
• Clean
• Receptionists very friendly
• Treadmill good (once you get it hooked up correctly)
• Shout out to Delontelion [sp], I think he works in housekeeping. Very nice, friendly and all around excellent customer service skills!

Cons:
• Every year (at least the past 8 years of so) a youth church group books the hotel the weekend after Christmas. They are loud, run up and down the halls all night, jump up and down on the floor in their room, etc. Every year the calls and complaints inundate the receptionist starting around 9-10 pm. Unfortunately, there is a skeleton crew at the time so little if anything can be done about it. This year was so bad that I was ready to check out. I am not sure why hotel management allows this type of behavior year after year. Not sure where the chaperones are; maybe a part of the noise making festivities. I recognize this group may book many rooms but one year (maybe 2019) I will get fed up and stay at some of the newer hotels that have sprung up across the street/highway. Management appears to be ok with this behavior every year.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 2, 2018

A little disappointed as not quite the usual Holiday Inn reception. The receptionist was not that welcoming and we were not acknowledged for being rewards members as we usually are. There was a dirty towel left on the shower curtain rod from a previous guest, so that was a bit worrisome. Assigned to the 1st floor and it was very noisy.

Room tip: Upper floor
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Clinton, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2019

Hi SusanAnne1958,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to post a review. While it is great to know that you liked our location, I was quite concerned to read your comments about our Front Desk staff service, the towel left in the shower, and your room allocation. I understand the inconvenience these has caused and I am sorry. I will let our management team know about your concerns for necessary improvements.

Thank you for being a member of our IHG Rewards Club and we still hope you would give us another chance in the future.

Mike F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed June 29, 2018 via mobile

We travel for work and had the pleasure of staying at the Clinton Holiday Inn Express. The hotel is a lot like you would expect. Indoor pool, nice workout area. What you don’t expect is the wonderful staff that keeps this site in tip top shape. Everyone staff member make you feel welcomed and cared about. If you need a room in the Jackson are you should definitely visit this location.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed June 5, 2018

We always request a King room in our reservations which we did in February. Well, when we arrive the hotel is under renovations, and at 3 pm had no King rooms. Why were we not alerted to the fact that the hotel was being remodeled? (Btw, it needs this badly!). The front dest staff blamed this lack of service on Central Reservations! So as it's only for one night, we go to the Queen room, it is old, sad, and musty smelling. And since there's 2 beds, there is NO desk and only ONE chair for 2 occupants. Plus there is very inadequate lighting especially by the entry area. We have long been IHG members and may rethink where we chose to stay.

Date of stay: June 2018