“Nice Motel...Nice Staff” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Cleveland
Traveler
“Nice Motel...Nice Staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2008

This used to be a Hampton Inn and is still in pretty good shape overall. We were able to get a very nice 2 room suite for $127.49 (including tax). It was very nice and had a huge TV in the lounge area. It didn't have a jacuzzi but it did have a lot of 'extras'. The staff are some of the friendliest I have ever encountered. The breakfast was pretty good overall.
On the negative side...The pool is apparently available to everyone in town...it can get loud and crowded. Also, I don't think the suite is rented very often and I think it had fleas, I have had several bites appearing and have been extremely itchy since sleeping in the bed...that's a bit of a worry. I would have gave this a top notch review if it wasn't for that aspect of my visit. Because of the fleas (or bed bugs, or whatever) I would recommend staying here but would only stay in a regular room that gets cleaned often...assuming the problem isn't pervasive.
The regular rooms go for around $90-$100. If the suite is clean it's definely worth paying the extra $25 for. Otherwise you'll end up spending that much in calamine lotion!

• Liked — The staff are very friendly
  • Disliked — The bugs
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Ozcfied

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Lafayette, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2008

This place is not bad. There is no great place to stay in Cleveland. The rate is pretty cheap, the room was decent, and I was overall satisfied. The hotel has inside doors, so it feels safe. The area is pretty safe, too. It has wireless internet and everything you need. The breakfast is OK. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank FrogSqueezer
Austin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2008

Greetings fellow TripAdvisors,
1st the good:
- Room was large with a small (undercounter) refrigerator and sink and counter area. No microwave but I was able to use the microwave in the breakfast kitchen.
- $67 rate was the lowest I have spent in years for a room anywhere
- Staff was polite/courteous

Now the not so good:

- Breakfast was gravy and biscuits, waffles, sweet rolls and various other carbs/starches. No yogurt, minimal fruit selection and no protein - not even bacon strips. Coffee and juice was available out of the typical machine configuration. Dry cereal/milk was available.
- No exercise room and the pool was closed (not a surprise) for the season
- "Business center" was not functional
Note: on the above two items the front desk staff stated Comfort Inn guests could use the Holiday Inn Express facilities. I find this unacceptable as I expect those facilities to be functional WHERE I am staying and paying.
- Card readers broke 2 of the 4 days I was there and Comfort Inn did not have a functional "burner". This meant having to be let in to rooms by staff (I was NEVER challenged for identification) and waiting for the new cards to arrive. The Comfort Inn manager/staff person would then go to a nearby hotel to have more cards burned. My final set of cards had "Hampton Inn" on them. The 2nd time this happened there was literally a "pile" of cards on the front desk - presumably either left by patrons or to be rummaged-through by those needing a new room key - I am not sure which. Also a back door was left wide-open one morning which obviously makes card readers meaningless.
- The wireless Internet had mis-named resources when you browse for a network to attach. It appears the hotel was bought or renamed from another company.
- Dead bird outside the side entrance was not addressed during my stay with cigarette butts in the stair wells. In short, not very clean.
BUT, I realize I was in a small town and received a cheap rate so I am reluctant to seem so negative. I will say the security at this hotel is so lax that next trip I am going to try the Holiday Inn Express across the street. There is a super Wal-Mart almost across the street which provided a steady stream of breakfast and dinner items for my refrigerator. The Tin Roof restaurant is behind the property but I did not have the time/inclination to give a try.

• Liked — Cheap and large room
  • Disliked — Security issues, cleanliness
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Mongeaux
Tupelo, MS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2007

Friendly staff, clean room, comfortable bed. We stayed in a King Room equipped with a small refrigerator and coffee maker. I normally do not stay at Comfort Inns since most seem to have outside corridors. This one has interior corridors so my husband and I gave it a try. We were pleased with the room and the price. If there was a negative, it was the continental breakfast which was very basic.

• Liked — The cleanliness
  • Disliked — The continental breakfast
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Loves_Animals
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2007

This hotel was recommended by a close family member who travels for work frequently in this area. Location is good as it is on the main highway through town. Our room was clean and decent. I can't speak for other rooms but we could hear water flowing through pipes in our room (which was on the 2nd floor). Still, we were pleased with our stay.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Hearing the sound of water through the pipes
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank PickyHotelGuest
MT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2006

I stayed here while traveling for business. This is probably Cleveland's nicest hotel for business travelers. The front desk people were friendly and helpful, the room was clean, and the wifi worked great. The breakfast (included in the price) was better than the typical coffee-and-pastries; there was fresh fruit, yogurt, a hot entree, and bagels. When I needed to print some documents, I was able to use a computer and printer in the little "business center" (PC, inkjet printer) for no additional charge. Parking is free and seemed pretty safe, and the hotel entrances were locked and required a key card (except for the front door). Complimentary papers and Newsweek were nice touches. It's not a fancy resort or convention-style hotel, but it was quite adequate and reasonable priced. I'll stay here again on my next trip.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank Ottavina
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cleveland
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Cleveland
#1 of 6 in Cleveland
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#3 of 5 in Indianola
Super 8 Indianola
Super 8 Indianola
#2 of 5 in Indianola

Been to Comfort Inn Cleveland? Share your experiences!