“Stay elsewhere”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Cleveland
Statesville, North Carolina
“Stay elsewhere”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Upon check-in, we were told the price we were quoted when making reservations was incorrect ($100 difference for 3 nights!!). When we entered our room, it smelled as if an entire can of air freshener has just been sprayed-very overwhelming and made us wonder what was being covered up!! Room had mold on the walls and ceiling above the shower. The AC cover was broken and dusty (possibly moldy), and it worked only sporadically during our stay. Pillows smelled musty. Breakfast was OK. Pool was nice. Staff wasn't really helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank A C
Tracy B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Cleveland, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for your comments A C. We appreciate any feedback that we get regarding our Guests visits with us. I sincerely apologize for the issues that you have had with us during your recent stay. Our goal is to provide each guest with Great Customer Service, and I apologize we did not do this during your stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Cleveland, Mississippi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Left for morning meeting, returned at 1:00 for lunch. There was a pair of dirty men's underwear on the floor. They claim it fell out of the sheet. I really don't want to think someone had access to my room.,but I don't know. The owner apparently owns the 3 hotels in town. Filthy.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Jafendell

Travelers are raving about these Cleveland hotels

Riverside, Ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 6 nights while attending a conference at Delta State. I found the Comfort Inn to be clean, quiet, and up to date. The desk staff was friendly and helpful with anything I needed. A nice breakfast and newspaper were available each morning. There is a good sized pool with tables and chairs at the back of the property. I read a previous review stating there was no elevator but that must be a mistake as there most certainly is one as well as a washer and dryer. I would stay here again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ace624
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

This a basic hotel with very simple amenities. I brought a group of 32 here and, unfortunately, the keys were not ready upon our arrival. However, the staff was nice enough. No one in my group had any complaints. It is worthbmentioningthat there is no elevator here.

Room Tip: Choose first floor
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

Our room had a leak from the ceiling in the bathroom. This isn't something that had just happened and I'm sure others have complained because there were water marks on the ceiling. We were on the top floor and the A/C is on the window so I have no idea where it was coming from. We didn't bother complaining. Everything seemed clean but the carpets are filthy. The positive was the bed. The bed was very comfortable and I had no issues with cleanliness. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Neece B
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

i loved this hotel becuse of its charm and that it was a beautiful clean orderly hotel. we arrived to go to a wedding at my uncles house and he recomended this hotel. my grandmother as 69 at the time and had a hard time walking so we asked for a room on the first floor they happily gave us a room on the first floor. we spent our free time in the lobby playing cards and we had a great time. the room was pretty spacious and the air conditioner worked great. the bathroom could have been cleaner but overall this was an above average hotel for its price.

Room Tip: It seems that the first floor rooms are alot nicer than the other two floors
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Charlo, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

Ok I've only ever written 1 Negative Review but this hotel warrants another. I'm not hard to please but this hotel was awful. I'll list the positives and negatives.

Good: late night front desk staff were very nice and professional!

Bad: evidence of bed bugs! (black speckles all over mattress seams, this is the excrement the bugs leave behind, very easy to spot, it's black because it's basically dried blood)

Room was very dirty. Rey Charles could have gotten this room cleaner. Hair all over, dead insects all over, bathroom was nasty. I got the feeling that I would come out dirtier than I went in, if I had used the shower.

The AC unit was half way apart and in the floor. Somehow it was still running. All kinds of beetles and other things were coming in around it.

Room was very beat up. 1 mattress was seriously laying directly on the floor. No frame. The bugs could just walk right onto your face...

Ok take this with a Grain of salt. My experience was just with 1 room as I immediately checked out. They may not all be that way. But that's what I experienced. I did take pictures of all of this. Probably won't post them as the staff was very kind when I said I was not gonns stay there.

But some maids and maintenance ppl really need to be stepping it up. .

• Stayed June 2012
7 Thank True W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cleveland
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Cleveland
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#3 of 5 in Indianola
Super 8 Indianola
Super 8 Indianola
#2 of 5 in Indianola
#1 of 6 in Cleveland

Been to Comfort Inn Cleveland? Share your experiences!