“Slim Pickings”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Cleveland
Pearland, Texas
“Slim Pickings”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Our stay was pleasant enough. There are no major issues with this hotel. The staff is friendly, the room is clean, there is continental daily breakfast available. However, the paint was peeling the breakfast was lack luster, and the furniture outdated. Some things were cosmetic and some just require improvements. All of which can make this location better. Like my mom said "its about the best you can get" in Smallville.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Cleveland, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

My stay has been fantastic. The team (Samone, Evie, Queena, Sahil, & Sheka) made everyday that I was away from home feel as though I was. I can't begin to thank each of them enough. Your service was graciously appreciated. Also, the manager, Michael, has a warm welcoming. Again, thank you for doing for going over and above the call of duty to make my stay superb!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Rejuvenating
Brownsdale, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

the rooms were what one would expect at holiday express but what set them apart was the service. They had a happy hour with free food and beer and the employee that oversaw this was about as nice as one can be. This hotel also had free use of the washer and dryer which was awesome for us.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank smithy14975
Georgetown, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

I was in Cleveland for one night for business. Upon arrival I was greeted by a very friendly desk clerk, quickly and efficiently. I agree with another reviewer about the cleanilness of the lobby. Very dusty and fingerprints everywhere. I went to my room on the third floor and was greeted by the strong odor of cigarette smoke (which I am VERY sensitive to). So, I turned around and went back downstairs and was quickly given another room and many apologies. In this room, there were no bath towels and the exterior shower curtain was stained at the bottom (mold?). The rest of the room appeared clean, but worn. Appliances were in working order. The bed was comfortable. They had a managers reception that evening (not told, just went down to go out and saw it was on). It was very nice with wings, chips and snacks. The breakfast was typical HIE fare but the one coffee urn I selected had cold coffee. I poured it out and got some from another urn. Just missing some attention to details.

Room Tip: If you want non-smoking rooms, request not to be on third floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Bob B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Cleveland, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Bob B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Please do accept our apologies for not being able to deliver an exemplary service and accommodations during your stay. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Zelyn N
Brandon, Mississippi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

My son and I spent one night at the Holiday Inn Express while in Cleveland for a campus visit to Delta State. Upon entering the lobby, I noticed the hand prints all over the glass of the front door, as well as the dirty rugs at the door and at the front desk. There were several staff members hanging around the front desk area. I couldn't help but think that one of them should be taking care of some general housekeeping in the lobby. The desk clerk did get us checked in quickly, although she wasn't terribly friendly. Our room was o.k. The decor is a bit dated. It is sometimes hard to tell what is worn and what is dirty. The room didn't feel particularly clean, but there wasn't anything overtly dirty, either. As a previous review stated the room rate is too high for this property. But, all of the hotels in this town seem to be over the top. The Cleveland HI Express manager really needs to take a look at some of the details, such as a clean, welcoming lobby and fresh, clean rooms!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rhonda B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Cleveland, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Rhonda B,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs & expectations and on this occasion we apologize for your disappointment with the cleanliness of our property and the service you received. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Thank you again for your review and have a wonderful day!

Karen C
Opelika, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

We have stayed at this property quite a number of times, from when it first opened to recently. The wear and tear on this property is definitely obvious. Fortunately our room was ok, it had a recently improved air conditioner; good working mini-refrigerator, but did not use the microwave. The towels and wash cloths were thick and large. The sheets felt old and definitely washed a lot. Our room was on the front side of the hotel, so there was a lot of highway noise. However, other rooms were not as nice and I heard several complaints. We were on the ground floor so I cannot critique the elevator or other 2 floors. The parking lot was clean, the front desk and breakfast areas were clean. The entire staff was pleasant and friendly. We were meeting a relative and the front desk staff was accommodating when we asked to have rooms near each other. When I checked in, my Priority Club membership was recognized. I think the room rates are very pricey considering the size of the town and area. The breakfast area was adequate and the foods were slightly different each morning. However, the trash bins were not emptied each day, which caused some concern to me. We were there for 3 nights. When we checked in we were told the water would be off for 2 hours the next afternoon as the city was changing out water meters, so the hotel did try to adequately inform their guests of this inconvenience. Would I stay here again, yes. However, the property is definitely in need of having an upgrade of the entire facility.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the back side away from the highway side. Ask for a room not near the elevator, or...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank alagranny
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Cleveland, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear alagranny,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your stay with us. We appreciate the kind remarks regarding the hotel staff. It is with deep regret to learn about your dissatisfaction on some of our services particularly with housekeeping and condition of the property.. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience or negative impression that these might have caused you. Rest assured that we treat this matter seriously and that the management has taken action to address the areas of concern.

Thank you again for bringing the details of your stay to our attention. We hope to see you again soon.

Zelyn N
Jackson, Tennessee, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for one night. Was in town for a special occasion. After paying over $100 for the stay there was no hot water. When I say no hot water, I mean not even lukewarm. Ice cold was all that was there. There is absolutely no sense in this being an issue. I felt completely ripped-off to stay somewhere and not be able to get myself or my children clean to go to a special event. Ruined the entire day. The room seemed fine but the lack of hot water overshadowed everything else.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Cleveland, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear JMSim,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry fro the lack of hot water during your stay. We will address this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cleveland
Comfort Inn Cleveland
#2 of 5 in Indianola
Hampton Inn Cleveland
Hampton Inn Cleveland
#1 of 6 in Cleveland

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Cleveland? Share your experiences!