“Not like Western Sizzlin”
Review of Western Sizzlin Steak House - CLOSED

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings
Good for: Business meetings
Brentwood, Tennessee
“Not like Western Sizzlin”
Reviewed May 14, 2011

Normally, when I see a large green and white sign that spells out the words "Western Sizzlin", I know without a doubt that I am going to enjoy a wonderful meal in a clean atmosphere with friendly and professional customer service.

However, I got a rude awakening at a Western Sizzlin located in Cleveland, Mississippi. In the small community where I reside, there isn't a Western Sizzlin, so my family and I visit the Western Sizzlin located in Monticello, Arkansas.

Upon arrival, to the Monticello Western Sizzlin, we are greeted with a friendly "hi, welcome to Western Sizzlin, how can we help you today". But not at the one in Cleveland, MS; instead we got "can I take your order". Once the order was taken and paid for, we are off to select a table, then to get a plate. Four of the five plates that we picked up were chipped. My husband said, he is sure it will get better, but he was wrong!!

The dinner rolls was crispy, cornbread taste like raw grits, and the fried chicken taste like it was cooked in old burnt cooking oil. However, there was one good thing about the visit; the baked chicken did taste better than anything on the buffet line. But notice that I said it "taste better", I didn't say it taste good.

Normally, the waitress arrives at your table with silverware and napkins, and inquires about your drinks so they can be delivered to your table, but not this time. I had to ask a cook how to receive our drinks. The cook prepared our drinks and brought them to the table.
Finally, a waitress arrived at the table as we was preparing to leave and asked if we needed anything. We noticed the cashier transporting dishes held firmly against her body, while she was talking on a cell phone. Dishes being held against her body is not sanitize.

Speaking of sanitation, there was a waitress standing at a table in the dining area, drying dishes. I am sure that the health department has rules set in place for the proper location to wrap silverware and dry dishes.

On a scale of 1-10, I give Western Sizzlin located in Cleveland, MS a 1, with 1 being the worst.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank Talk_On

Jackson, MS
“Great lunch buffet”
Reviewed August 3, 2010

Great fresh lunch buffet. Plenty of good vegetables to choose from.

MT
“It's cheap meat.”
Reviewed July 12, 2009

Recently underwent a much-needed renovation. Very representative of the national chain. If you like greasy buffets under heat lamps, this is the place for you.

1 Thank Ottavina
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“the seviec and the food...”
Reviewed January 3, 2008

the seviec and the food is great

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook