“We were not impressed!”
Review of Delta Meat Market

Delta Meat Market
Ranked #11 of 54 Restaurants in Cleveland
Description: Cooking. Catering. Curing. The brainchild of chef-owner Cole Ellis, the Delta Meat Market in downtown Cleveland is an old school, back-to-basics butcher shop, grocery store, and restaurant with a modern feel. His lunch menu board changes weekly and focuses on farm to table cuisine, using house processed meats and local vegetables available in the store.
Reviewed July 22, 2018

The three of us had hamburgers and a salmon sandwich. One hamburger was very rare and the other was overcooked. Neither were good. The salmon sandwich was ok but not something I would get again. Disappointed!

Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

This Meat Market/Deli is a unique establishment in this college town. It is in an actual meat market with an eclectic atmosphere to include spices, kitchen utensils and such for sale as well as a very nice selection of meats and fish. I had the special which was meatloaf, seasoned rice, grilled squash and stone ground cornbread. The meatloaf was, well meatloaf, but was nevertheless very good. The cornbread was a bit on the dry side, but perhaps was setting out as we hit the lunch hour a little late. The rest of our party had the cob salad which came with a very generous portion of grilled steak (which was excellent) and what I presume were crumbles of their own cured bacon. (The bacon was very salty) We went away with some steak and silver dollar size scallops for dinner later! They do serve wine and have a few beers. Well worth a stop.

Reviewed July 10, 2018

Delta Meat Market has a great weekly selection of local produce and meats. During lunch, a typical plate lunch style menu is offered and the menu changes weekly. Diners can enjoy anything from various meats, fresh seafood, burgers, specialty sandwiches, local vegetables, various salads and fresh cornbread. My favorite item on the menu is the succotash.

Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed our meal here. It’s a restaurant, but as the name implies, it’s also a meat market, so all of the meats for the sandwiches come from there. (The meats in the case for purchase looked pretty darn good as well.) The atmosphere is pretty neat, and they seemed to have a selection of craft beers on tap if I remember correctly. The menu changes daily, but I think the burger is there daily. Didn’t have it, but it looked wonderful! I’m sure we’ll be back!

Reviewed November 18, 2017 via mobile

Who would expect this place in a small town such as Cleveland? We thoroughly enjoyed our visit at Delta Meat Market! Such a cool place. They are serving draft beers, a selection of wines, and let's not forget very delicious food. A combination of butcher, bar and restaurant, while also selling local specialties to take home such as Mississippi grown rice, BBQ sauce and ice cream. We ordered seafood gumbo that was accompanied by fried cornbread as well as a fall salad with grilled chicken and a grilled cheese sandwich for our son. Everything tasted great. My husband loved the draft beer, and I enjoyed my coffee, as well. An all around great experience! We'd love to come back! Definitely the place to go when in Cleveland. Quality food with a creative twist.