“Good value and close to the Blues Clubs”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Clarksdale
Reviewed January 8, 2014

As expected, a reasonable quality, good value motel on the main high street and convenient to the town centre. It was next door to the shopping centre and a really good fish restaurant too. Very car friendly motel who even permitted barbecues in the car park!

Room Tip: Away from the highway
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Paul Y
CIC T, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Hi Pual,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey on tripadvisor. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

I would also like to thank you for your business and we hope you choose us again on your next visit to Clarksdale.

John Campbell
Comfort Inn Clarksdale MS.
662-627-5122

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

First, let me qualify my review by saying I've probably stayed at this hotel more than any other person who reviewed it. My wife of 13 years is from here and this use to be the best hotel in town. I am literally writing it from this horrible bed.

I've had to retrieve my own towels. Housekeeping skipped over the room for no apparent reason. I had to clean my own room and empty my own garbage. May I add that this is the second year in a row I've had to do that. I've traveled the world and I've experienced no other housekeeping team this horrendous.

The refrigerator is broken and is making noises all night. My food had to be thrown out because the temperature wasn't adequate to hold the food although it's on high.

The bedding is horrible. I've tossed and turned for two nights. This hotel use to be optimal but ownership obviously is not putting money back into it. Even the pillows are extremely worn. This may be my last stay here. Save yourself some money and lack of sleep by staying Cleveland, Mississippi which is 30 minutes away.

The breakfast is great though.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Rodericklrichardson
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stayed here on a Saturday night and not too busy. The outside was typical "Comfort Inn". Inside corridor was nice if you like that. All the staff seemed very friendly and check in was quick as they had it ready when I arrived. And check out was just as quick, The lobby was very presentable. The room was nice and clean. The bed was comfortable. The bath room was also clean. For breakfast, they had the usual such as eggs, sausage, bacon, waffles, sweet rolls, oatmeal, grits, coffee, and juices, Vyondel, the breakfast attendant really seemed to enjoy her job and wanted to make sure we got everything and enough of it. She was also very apologetic for being out of fruit. One thing I would add that management might look into getting sugar free syrup as a lot of travelers are diabetics.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed here just for one night. i stayed on the groundfloor. the hotel looks a little worn around the edges but it was clean and comfortable.
the staff were accomodating and helpful.
we drove into CLarksdale from the hotel during the day and got a cab at nightime I wouldnt say it was within walking distance of downtown.
There is a Dollar Store located next dorr to the Hotel which was handy for milk and snacks.

Room Tip: Ground floor as there is no lift
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We booked a room here to stay for 3 nights during the King Biscuit Blues Festival across the river in Arkansas. There were only 2 rooms left when we booked one week prior to the event. Check in was quick and the clerk, Eddie, was very friendly. Our room was on the 2nd floor and had 2 queen beds, frig and microwave. The temperature of the refrigerator never got very cold but we only used it to keep sodas in. Never used the microwave. Beds were comfortable, room very clean. Our bathroom did not have any wash cloths the first night but I didn't notice until I was already in the shower. We had plenty the next day and adequate towels. AC worked very well. Breakfast was good-eggs, sausage, bacon, waffles, pastries, etc. There was no elevator. The stairwells could use a little painting and the carpeting in the hallways could have been a little cleaner but as far as our room, it was very clean. Our key card did not work to unlock the outside door on one side of the hotel but we just used the other side. The clerk told us this when we checked in. Ice machine worked well. Parking lot was well lit. We heard a little noise from other people arriving in their rooms but not bad. There was a hair dryer in the bathroom and an iron and ironing board in the closet. We stayed in Room 220 and it was very convenient to the ice machine and exit but not noisy. All in all this was a good place for us to stay and we plan on staying here again when we return next year or any other time we are in the Clarksdale, MS area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank maldenmusic
CIC T, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us!
We want to apologize for the lack of towels on your first night and for the door not working properly.
We value you your feedback and will use it to improve our service to all of our guests.
We look forward to your next stay with us.

The Comfort Claksdale Team

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We were staying here as we were going to the blues clubs in clarksdale.

We were a bit weary of booking here due to some reviews but overall it was fine. There would have been no problem if we had been given a nonsmoking room but we got there to be told that because we had booked online we had been given a smoking room (as there were no none smoking left) and not informed. The room really stank of smoke so much that it made us feel sick, and both us and our luggage smelled very strongly of smoke when leaving.

If using I would recommend booking by phone to make sure you get the room you want

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Katherine,

We would like to apologize for your not getting a non-smoking room during your last stay with us.
We tried everything we could to find a non-smoking room for you but no one cancelled on this sold out night.
We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you better on your next trip to Clarksdale and please do contact the hotel directly to make your reservation. We, unlike some third party booking websites, are invested in making our guests happy.

Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit!

Comfort Inn Clarksdale Team

Reviewed October 8, 2013

This hotel was convenient and perfect in every way. A local restauranteur told us it was the best in town and it was say to believe. Good wifi and helpful friendly staff. What more can I tell you? Nothing more but TripAdvisor wants 200 characters - seems like volume over quality to me.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Simon,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.
We are happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and look forward to serving you in the future.

The Comfort Inn Clarksdale Team.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clarksdale
Hampton Inn Clarksdale
#2 of 5 in Clarksdale
Delta Cotton Co. Apartments
Delta Cotton Co. Apartments
#5 of 5 in Clarksdale

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!