“so rough it should be closed....” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Rodeway Inn
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Clarksdale
Canada
“so rough it should be closed....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

I have traveled the world and the US for the last 40+ years. This is one of the 2 or 3 most rundown, neglected, moldy, dilapidated, ignored, creepy places ever. EVER. Unfortunately I had prepaid, but I left as soon as I could. Avoid at all costs. For real.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank YoVoyager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Jackson, Mississippi, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

This is my second stay at a Rodeway. Once in Memphis and now here in Clarksdale, MS for a chance to experience the Delta Blues. I brought my Moms to travel along and she simply replied well you get what you pay for at rate of $65. The light was out on several lamps in the room. The headboard behind one of the beds was broken. The cable was only a few channels. But that was fine, since we really stayed to avoid the 2 1/2 hour drive home. If you are searching for a cheap place to stay this is your hotel. I did have a great time at the various museum and eatery along Stateline Hwy. The people are friendly but I will gladly spend a few extra bucks for total comfort.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AveMaria J

Travelers are raving about these Clarksdale hotels

Crystal Falls
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

Booked a room here for 3 nights during King Biscuit in Helena, AR, when getting a hotel room last minute is usually not even possible. Should have known something was up. The front automatic doors were broken, a side door was propped open with a door mat. The lobby is gorgeous! I thought I'd hit the jackpot. Bathroom was icky, smelly room. Bed is comfy. None of the outside doors were ever locked, like in you need your key card to get in, usually propped open with some piece of debris, back door doesn't even work. Waited at least 5 full minutes for someone to check us in, then the two clerks were talking so much about the prior customer and if he paid or didn't pay and if the 2nd woman had posted it correctly, that they didn't speak to us at all, just eventually handed me two room cards and said "down the hall" with a wave of hand. Nothing about how the back door doesn't work so don't bother parking there, nothing about when breakfast is, etc. Breakfast! Coffee, no cream, no creamer. One container of some kind of cereal, looked like bran flakes. Several pieces of bread for toast and a couple of sweet rolls. That was it kids. Some guests said if you went over to the Comfort Inn they would let you have breakfast there because the same person owns it. Toilet looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years, rusty, rusty, rusty. But I did notice that the toilet ran constantly in those big vertical streaks so that would probably explain that. But it still needs fixing and CLEANING! Housekeeping came in first morning, cleaned, took all the towels including the ones we didn't use and left none. I spoke to the lady down the hall doing the cleaning and she said they would bring them later. When we got back at midnight, no towels, had to go to the desk and get some. Something must have been glued to the bathroom door at some point, big ugly glue marks all over it. No "book" in room telling you where anything was or what TV channels, etc. The refrigerator had some kind of whitish crud all over the exterior of it on both sides, freezer so packed with ice hard to use it for anything, like refreezing my travel freezer packs. The carpeting didn't look too bad, might be newer. Now if they catch the rest of the place up.

Room Tip: One in another hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Yoopiecat
Madeira Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

This was like most Rodeway Inns I've stayed in except the town is so sad and needs a lot of downtown attention. Ground Zero Blues Club the best and only thing going on when I stayed at this Rodeway. It was adequate for $68. It was very lighted at night in the parking lot and you can park outside your window and see your vehicle. Had a very good Mexican restaurant adjacent to the property which was authentic. We had very noisy people coming in at 11:30pm and having a party outside our door for 30 minutes which was annoying. We heard on the TV the next day that a woman was shot and killed drive by style the same day we stayed. The room was clean as well as the bedding. I would never visit this town again. I hope this helps with your decision.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MadBeachMel
Sydney, Australia
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,796 helpful votes
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

I agree with reviewer below; actually checked in at some time. Having read past reviews, I expected the worst but it was fine for what I needed - there for the Blues festival and all I needed
was a comfortable bed and location close enough to the activities. The days were hot but the air-conditioning in the room was fine.
If you wanted to find fault, it would be easy but the hotel doesn't pretend to be anything other than what it is - a reasonable country hotel offering good value.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank RonWamberal
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I got into town with out reservations so I couldn't stay at my first choice. Riverside hotel is first choice for the history!
This stay was for a festival weekend but I wasn't raped on price! My son and I had to sleep in the same King size bed. No big deal. It was a room to sleep in to recover from late nights at Reds Juke Joint. But again next time I come with my son I hope to stay at Riverside again...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mdtaylor67
Jackson, Mississippi, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

From my understanding, all hotels in Clarksdale were booked due to the Juke Joint Festival and related events so I was booked at this hotel... I knew it was a disaster when I first walked in. I thought someone's dog had taken a crap at the front door. The desk attendants' and their personal conversation on their phone seemed more important than my needs. I had a nonsmoking room and to my surprise, ashes were all over my floor and a cigarette next to the remote on the night stand. I guess this was my complimentary hotel gift... There was dried pee all over my toilet and someone had taken a shower and left soap and shampoo in the shower and housekeeping didn't clean it up... The comforter and sheets were stained. This was the stay from hell. If I wasn't in Clarksdale for work, I would have gone back home, but it was this or sleep in the car. I should have slept in the car...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Honey M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clarksdale
Comfort Inn
Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lula
Hampton Inn Clarksdale
Hampton Inn Clarksdale
#1 of 6 in Clarksdale

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!