“BBQ at the Crossroads”

Abe's
Ranked #5 of 46 Restaurants in Clarksdale
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“BBQ at the Crossroads”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This little restaurant is right on the famous Crossroads of Hwy 61 and 49 where Robert Johnson is said to have sold his soul to the devil in exchange for superior guitar skills. Numerous famous stars have eaten there. It is small, it is very basic and the pulled pork sandwiches are simply great!! The waitress was great and service was wonderful. A down to earth place with very tasty food!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank ralf_Stephanie

Dallas, Texas
“Combined review with my 16 year old!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Made it to town and every time I'm here people rave on this restaurant. My son and I were looking forward to great food. We ordered a beef plate and pork plate and split the meat. They come with baked beans and slaw. I really liked the beef my son said he thought it was fair. The pork I was disappointed with I did like the bits of bark but my son said it was weak. My son is a slaw fan but we both hated this slaw over the top vinegar...The baked beans tasted as if it was straight out of a can! The best baked beans I've ever had is from Larry's Hot tamales!!! The service at Abe was really friendly. There are other places in town to get better food especially for the price!

• Visited August 2013
League City, Texas
“Home of "Swine Dining!"”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

How convenient to have a Mississippi BBQ place right next to "the Crossroads". Since 1924, the sign outside the restaurant said. Not a fancy interior, in fact, probably not much changed there in years, but lots of interesting memorabilia to keep you interested while waiting for your food. An old timey feel for us "older" folks, including the bbq sauce stained guest check, made me smile! The pork "sammich" was delicious and the onion rings some of the best we've had.

• Visited July 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
“Good hometown BBQ”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

For my taste, the chili is what I like in chili. Just meat and seasonings. Recommend chili cheese fries, a meal for me.
It is hard for me to choose between the hot tamales, chili, BBQ sandwich or plate, or the hamburger. all good.

Visited July 2013
Carmel, Indiana
“BBQ right at the historic "Crossroads"”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

During our trip into the Mississippi blues area, we stopped at the "Crossroads" and saw Abe's BBQ right next to it. We decided to stop in for a quick bite and really enjoyed the pulled pork sammich!!! Good food, reasonable prices and quick service!!

• Visited January 2013