“Fantastic food!”
Review of Larry's Hot Tamales - CLOSED

Larry's Hot Tamales
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 8, 2014

My husband and I were on a road trip and stopped into Larry's on a whim. Larry was behind the counter. He was very nice and personable. Before we ordered, he gave us a sample of his tamales since we were newcomers. They were great! We ordered 6 tamales and an order of rib tips. We also had coleslaw and potato salad. I'm not a big rib person, but the rib tips were so tender and tasty. The sauce he uses is sweet and tangy. It was so good I wanted to pack up a gallon and take it home with me. The tamales are so good! They have a little kick to them, but it's just enough to make you want more of them. The price for all the food was relatively inexpensive and the quality was impeccable. If we ever get to Clarksdale again, we would definitely stop.

2  Thank Nicky W

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Sampled tamales at all the recommended places in Clarksdale, but Larry's had them all beat! His sauce is what puts his on top and the others in the dust. While we were eating he asked us to sample his rib tips and spare ribs...and if I hadn't just eaten two plates of tamales, I would have ordered another order of ribs and tips! Larry and his wife are the nicest people and genuinely seem to enjoy cooking for people. Great ambassadors for Clarksdale!!

1  Thank bluffcitydawg
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Friendly folks who know what they do best! Bought a dozen moist,yummy tamales - they gave us a sample up front - and a small sample of rib tips made us buy two orders. Didn't try the third main menu item , wings, but I'd bet they're great, too!

Reviewed May 1, 2014

I don't even particularly like hot tomales. I went in and ordered three. When I left I had eaten a dozen. Whatever that stuff is that you dip the crackers in. He could sell that for soup and I would eat bowl! This is the kind of find that you have dreams about! If I lived in Clarksdale I would gain 100 pounds in a year.

1  Thank James V
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Some of the best tamales I have ever had..we got to met Larry and what a nice man he is..for the best tamales in town Larry's is a MUST !!!!!!