“Don't miss Larry's”
Review of Larry's Hot Tamales - CLOSED

Larry's Hot Tamales
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 5, 2013

If you've sampled the hot tamales at the popular Champy's Chicken Restaurant in downtown Chattanooga, Tn., or at the popular tourist stop Ground Zero Blues Club in Clarksdale, Miss., you've had a Larry's hot tamale. This nondescript restaurant supplies both spots -- but at Larry's, located at 947A Sunflower Ave., in Clarksdale, Miss., you get the real McCoy, with Larry's distinctive sauce that make these hot tamales so special. Larry cooks the kind of tamale that makes the Mississippi Delta home to this distinctive cuisine. For an extra treat you must have a plate of Larry's rib tips, mouth-watering, slow-cooked and a taste treat. An order of four hot tamales is less than $5 and a huge plate of rib tips is less than $10. For an extra treat, you're apt to see real blues players here, not tourists!

1  Thank Oriental-tat

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Who knew?!?!? near MLK ... Clarksdale MS
Larry KNOWS how to make BBQ and HOT, FRESH, Delicious, Stuffed, HOT TAMALES - HUGE!!!
it's a small 'non - descript, non - tourist place where locals eat in the Mississippi Delta, for sure!
skip 'HICKS' and go to LARRY's!!!!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

My favorite baked beans ever! My son who is extremely picky agrees. We ended up getting a big tin of the baked beans Sunday morning, they were frozen. We drove to South of Dallas TX and heated them up and served them at a church eating meeting that night and they cleaned the plate! The hot tamales are nothing like my son is used to, my wife his mom is from Guatemala and makes the greatest tamales...Guatemalan style! Anyways he said he liked them very much for snacks. Everything I've had here is great! Great service, great food! Employees and owner are the best!

1  Thank mdtaylor67
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The location and decor are not fancy, but the warm welcome and smell wafting from inside as we stepped in was true southern hospitality! I was practically drooling at the delicious smells from the red sauce bubbling away on the stove. The steam from the tamales made things a bit warm, but I'd go through a lot worse than that to have more of Larry's tamales. Unwrapping these bundles from their corn husks released such wonderful smells. Piled on the sauce and ate the whole order in no time. Now I have to wait til my next visit (April 2014) for more - unless I can arrange to have some shipped to Canada...got to explore that option!

2  Thank DiLMZ
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We loved this place. When Hicks was closed we went to Larry's instead. We had them wrap up 18 tamales so we could take them home to Illinois with us. The staff was great and friendly. If in town we will be back. Oh, yes the tamales are super.

1  Thank Lostandhungry