“Perfect for the Blues Trail”
Review of Shack Up Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Clarksdale
Shack Up Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Clarksdale B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 18, 2014

My wife and I checked in at the Shack Up Inn on 01/13/14. We only stayed one night, but it was very interesting. The cottage was very nice and cozy. If you're looking for a Hilton-style hotel, continue to Memphis or Jackson. But this place was very nice. The staff was nice also.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,130)

Reviewed January 15, 2014

This is definitely the place to stay if you're looking for something other than a cookie cutter hotel room or a frilly B & B. I booked the Crossroads shack as a surprise for my musician boyfriend because it has a piano. To his great delight, they also told us to pick out a guitar when we checked in. We had a great time wandering the grounds and main building taking in the bits and pieces of rusting history. Our shack was clean and cozy and had a great supply of books about music and history. The main building had a mini library with even more books, computers (there is wifi in most of shacks), and donuts in the lobby each morning. It's a short drive to town for food or music if it's not happening at the inn that night. The staff was very helpful. I can't recommend this place enough, particularly if you are a musician or interested in the history of the Delta. The Ritz it ain't , but it is a very, very cool place to stay. My boyfriend can't stop talking about it.

1  Thank Bird369
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We had a great stay here, everything was fine, the shack was cozy in freezing weather and the staff (which we hardly saw) were lovely. Clarksdale is great and seems to be slowly coming back to life, music everywhere, but not so much that it makes for difficult choices, also went for some nice drives around the area - Greenwood (Robert Johnson's grave), Greenville, Helena.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank km1Sydney
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Great place to stay in Clarksdale. Different. Full of history. Great music. Fascinating stuff to look at. At the time we stayed there is no restaurant available; however, one is supposed to be opening soon. The Sky Cabin overlooks the "juke chapel" and has a big porch you can sit out on listening to the music...very cool. comfortable bed/clean bathroom/good linens. It is not a regular hotel so don't expect an exercise room or swimming pool.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank queban
Reviewed January 6, 2014

This is a cute place to stay because it was a different experience when compared to a chain type hotel. We stayed in Bin #6 which overlooked the back of the plantation.

They offered live music and sold beer. They do lack food offering and were told that they were exploring offering this option.

We did not go downstairs for the coffee and donuts option but instead headed into town and had a full breakfast.

Overall, it is worth staying and I plan on staying there again upon my return to the area.

Room Tip: They also offered litttle houses (shacks) but I did not stay there. Instead stayed at the rooms that...
1  Thank Imelda M
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I stayed in the Tinth shack. As said in all other reviews: this is a unique experience. I don't think I can add more. The tips for blues in Clarksdale were great: there were only two options (it was a Wednesday), but without the tips, a) I might not have found Red's Lounge and b) if I found it, I might not have gone in. It looked quite shabby, but since the Shack Up Inn guys told me this really was the best place to go, I went in. And it was the best music experience during my trip: a very small juke joint with a one man blues "band" (Deek Harp, think Seasick Steve).

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MD76_ASD
Reviewed January 4, 2014

This place feels like the real thing. The shacks are just that but equipped with hot water, heat, TV, stereo and a microwave- at least our shack did.

The beds are comfy and the atmosphere is just-real.

We went with our 3 adult children (23, 2 & 19). Would definitely go back. The young couple who manage the place are very pleasant and passionate about the authenticity. If you want to experience the Mississippi delta and be where you can hear some good, raw blues this is a place to stay. But beware.... if you are the kind of person who seeks luxury and not authenticity trust them when they say "it ain't the Ritz"

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family